Do you know or have met anyone very famous?

unapalomablanca

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have met two queens,

I was one of the guard of honour for the Queen when she visited the Royal Engineer's depot for the 200th anniversary,I was surprised at how small she was.

Also met Elton John when our section flew into Heathrow from Kenya to deploy for gulf part 1, he was waiting for some one and we got him to chat to us, was a very nice bloke and wished us all well, he had two huge minders in Camel hair coats who gave us all evil looks.

I once met a rather embarrased Victorie Wood while camping in Wark in Kielder. She was camping with her Hubby and the Kids. They had the TV and lights running all night in the tent. The power was from the people carrier battery so in the Morning it was flat as a ****. She came over and asked if we could help her get the car started for her. I couldn't help as my battery was not up to the task, we did get her some help from the village though.

I also met Tim Healy whilst shooting one day. Like a BURK I said "Hi Dennis" :oops:

The reply was a rather stern "The names TIM" :lol: :lol:

I still chuckle about that now.

Once met Robson Green very briefly when they were filming a scene of the aftermath of a rather brutal murder for Wire In The Blood in my old flat in Newcastle - I was chasing the dog down the stairs at the time as some muppet let it escape so didn't have time to chat.

Also, I once saw Tim Healy playing darts in a pub near to where he lived but that was quite some time ago.

When I was a kid I recall getting my picture taken with some athlete after a charity race at school but I completely forget her name now.

J.

Nodded and said hello to Princess Anne, Nicki Lauda and Stirling Moss but spent about 25 minutes chatting to Jimi Hendrix in the late 60's on Cheltenham Railway station one late evening after he had done a gig at the Blue Moon in Chelt - I saw him there twice I think . He gave me and the 2 mates I was with our first "king size" cigarettes. Really nice bloke as I remember. had his autograph on my Blue Moon ticket for years but sadly it got lost at some point over the years.