Looks like men are gonna marry each other.

unapalomablanca

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Children and animals cannot consent. Sister.... Each to their own, is incest actually illegal? never given it thought.

I don't like lots of things, don't think lots of things are normal. But i'm not going to stop people doing them if they aren't hurting anybody. To do so is.... pathetic, In my opinion.

Gazz, i must say you are well informed about who can consent to what. :whistling:

For me its not normal or natural so i think there should be some restrictions

Just like i think its not normal or natural to have sex with children or animals or your sister

but who knows in another 50 years these acts may be legal

been googling. incest is legal in:

australia

netherlands

portugal

spain

india

israel

turkey

Currently a man and woman can get married in a church or a registry office. A gay couple cannot get married full stop. They can only have a civil union.

Is your argument that your should only be able to be married in church (which isn't the case today and therefore I don't undertsand that argument) or that marriage should only be between man & woman (which is what Gunnerbob is saying and I can understand that objection)?

saying that marriage should be only between man and woman only not same sex

You would be right if they was forcing people. They are not.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18407568

[/font][/color]

So what rights are being ruined here?[/size]

my point exactly because the first priest/vicar to say no will be taken to court by the gay couple he refuses to marry in his church! just like the chrstian couple who would not accept it in their B&B this gay rights thing is out of control!

Thanks for the read lads..that was entertaining :lol: personally not bothered either way, yes it looks like the government is bending over backwards for the gay society, but nothing new there,

I am not a religious man so i will refrain form commenting on religious matters ,

I did know a lad many years ago who ended up living with his gay father and his fathers partner... the lad received no grief at school he also had a upbringing that most kids would love , and in later life, married a lovely girl and had two lovely children.

i am totally in the camp with live;and let live, i think we spend to much time judging others ,

Some of the comments on here are quite astounding, people being gay is wrong etc. What ever happened to freedom of choice?? What does it matter to you if a same sex couple want to commit? In my opinion marriage is a massively outdated social concept, i personally feel it has little or no relevance in the modern world BUT a lot of people see it as the ultimate commitment two people in love can make to each other. Why should everyone not have that opportunity?

Basically all they have done is said that you can now call a civil partnership a marriage, hardly ground breaking.

This isn't entirely relevant but some years ago at a 20/20 match at Essex cricket ground there were a very attractive female couple having a kiss in the stand. The mostly male crowd in the near vicinity went mad whooping and cheering. I bet the reaction would have been very different had it been two men!

Sorry, did not make myself clear, allowing homosexual marriage, in my opinion, debases the sanctity of true marriage, that between a man and a woman. If homosexuals want to "commit" then they have civil partnerships.

You still haven't explained how homosexual marriage debases the 'sanctity' of marriage.

my point exactly because the first priest/vicar to say no will be taken to court by the gay couple he refuses to marry in his church!

Did you read the link or quote?

Amending the 2010 Equality Act to ensure no discrimination claim can be brought against religious organisations or individual ministers for refusing to marry a same-sex couple
Edited by gazzthompson

reading this it seems there are those who agree with standing up for minority groups rights, my question is when is someone gonna stand up for the majority, ie those considered normal, you know the ones who work, have families, bring up the kids, obey the law,stand by their beliefs and faith, rather than constant pandering to those I consider nothing more than deviant freaks, oh and thats not a homophobic remark its my opinion, or is that not allowed by the noisy few?

KW

Ask your Mum & Dad.

Why would I need to do that?

No one can provide a sensible answer to how it 'debases [...] marriage' which suggests to me that people who say it does haven't actually sat down and thought about what they mean when they make that claim or whether they really even believe the claim themselves or are just copying what they were told as a lad.

reading this it seems there are those who agree with standing up for minority groups rights, my question is when is someone gonna stand up for the majority, ie those considered normal, you know the ones who work, have families, bring up the kids, obey the law,stand by their beliefs and faith, rather than constant pandering to those I consider nothing more than deviant freaks, oh and thats not a homophobic remark its my opinion, or is that not allowed by the noisy few?

KW

Hell we agree on something kw

The sad thing is the majority is slowly but surely turning into a minority, I can't help but think Cameron only had this vote due to some deal done with the lib dems let's face it his party isn't exactly for it.

KW

Thing is, just because people who work, have families, bring up the kids, obey the law and stand by their beliefs and faith doesnt mean they would agree with your views for a second. Nor does it mean that in disagreeing that they are pandering to anything or anyone - their opinions will be formed on their thoughts and experiences just the same as yours are.

My take on this is that I work with members of all three Armed Services on a daily basis, some of whom are openly gay.

These young men and women go into great danger just as bravely as their straight counterparts and serve this country every bit as selflessly as anyone else.

Because of this, I support their desire to pursue happiness over the desire of others who have given far less of themselves to this country to deny it to them.

My take on this is that I work with members of all three Armed Services on a daily basis, some of whom are openly gay.

These young men and women go into great danger just as bravely as their straight counterparts and serve this country every bit as selflessly as anyone else.

Because of this, I support their desire to pursue happiness over the desire of others who have given far less of themselves to this country to deny it to them.

I think that's a very sound sentiment.

As to the sanctity of marriage, it has none nowadays, first of all it can be 100% secular, and secondly it's reversible through the divorce process.

Thirdly, alluding to a point I made many pages ago, I am worried that far too much attention is being paid to this at the expense of other things.