Fox bites off baby finger in London

Peskyfoxs

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Parents have some answering to do - kid vulnerable

Are you joking? Do you have kids? I can tell you now the amount of times you have to open a window or door to cool a baby down is unbelievable - some of the comments made on here are ridiculous and complete fantasy.

Most parents/mothers get busy doing all the things you don't get time to do when the baby is asleep, this means leaving it alone to sleep in another room, You don't expect a fox to wander in through a door or window when you're vacuuming!

I've had cats/dogs wander into my houses over the year and even a cat in my car a few months ago, left the boot open and the stupid thing decided to go in for a trapse around, had I seen it I would have slammed the boot and opened it when I was 20 miles down the road...

Regards,

Gixer

We've had cats stroll into our house when we've left the door open, and yes God Forbid, we have actually left our back door open at various times of the year without worrying that we may be burgled, assaulted or murdered. We've even done it since we've had kids.

With regard to foxes, I got face to face with a big one one night last year. It just stood staring at me from a few yards away directly in front of me in the street and didn't step away as I moved towards it. Not wanting to fight it I stood still until it turned and strolled away. I got the impression it was sizing me up, I'm not small, and I think it might have given a child a problem.

And they still say foxes don't take new born lambs..........................................

All they'll do is cage trap them and release them out in the countryside as they have been doing for many years now, spreading mange to the local populations causing more misery and death..................slow death at that.

How long until a massive catch and release programme is started amid huge publicity to show that the councils or governmment are doing something?

The BLOODY RSPCA will be having a field day!

I feel sorry for the child and the family involved.

Catch and RELEASE? If that were ever to happen then where abouts are they going to release them all, In Brian May's back garden? :hmm::whistling::hmm:

mr .dr may has a country estate thatl take a few hundred off the streets.mad boris mayor of the toilet says theres 10,000 in london load up boys we need a posse.oh no sorry they dont like likkle foxy getting harmed do they.does a baby have to be killed b4 these gimps wake up,these are wild dogs who survive by killing not cuddly blooming poodles :no:

In general the public forget that Reynard is a dog - If a "domestic" pooch had wandered into a house, and unprovoked attacked a child the fluffy bunny brigade would be loud and vociferous in their demands for a ban on that breed and that all remaining ones should be muzzled as dangerous - go figure :hmm: :hmm: ???

It was also noticeable that the "pest control expert" on BBC breakfast this morning, when asked why they are a pest, omitted to mention the damage they do ( Even in an urban environment ) to livestock and pets in the face of obviously anti body language and questioning from at least one of the presenters.

:no: :no: <_<

what :hmm: :hmm:

"The child's mother was alerted by his screaming and rushed into his room to see his hand in the animal's mouth, the Mail On Sunday reported.

After a short struggle, the mother managed to free the youngster her child, but by then his finger had been ripped off.

Plastic surgeons were able to reattach the boy's finger and he is said to be recovering well at home."

Furnace slider is like a sausage burger from here: http://www.bridgefarmlingfield.co.uk/markets.htm

Are you joking? Do you have kids? I can tell you now the amount of times you have to open a window or door to cool a baby down is unbelievable - some of the comments made on here are ridiculous and complete fantasy.

Most parents/mothers get busy doing all the things you don't get time to do when the baby is asleep, this means leaving it alone to sleep in another room, You don't expect a fox to wander in through a door or window when you're vacuuming!

I've had cats/dogs wander into my houses over the year and even a cat in my car a few months ago, left the boot open and the stupid thing decided to go in for a trapse around, had I seen it I would have slammed the boot and opened it when I was 20 miles down the road...

Regards,

Gixer

In answer to your question.

Yes, I do have kids and let's be honest here....there are far easier and sensible ways to cool a child down.

Examples being...Remove some of the bed clothes or clothing for a start, Turning the heating down in the room the baby is in is another good one, or move the child to a cooler room.

If the child is so warm to warrant windows needing to be open after all of the above suggestions then maybe there's a more serious reason for the increase in temperature.

Or maybe, as you say.....I'm just fantasising that any of the above would have even the tiniest effect on a childs temperature.

It seems a bit odd that in Mid February with temperatures outside in single figures that anyone with an ounce of common would leave external doors open...just to cool a child.

Catch and RELEASE? If that were ever to happen then where abouts are they going to release them all, In Brian May's back garden? :hmm::whistling::hmm:

I think what they do is catch them, neuter them, and then release them. That way they stop breeding and the population declines. They do it with feral cats in some places. Not sure if it's done with foxes though.

Not sure how effective it is either.

In answer to your question.

Yes, I do have kids and let's be honest here....there are far easier and sensible ways to cool a child down.

Examples being...Remove some of the bed clothes or clothing for a start, Turning the heating down in the room the baby is in is another good one, or move the child to a cooler room.

If the child is so warm to warrant windows needing to be open after all of the above suggestions then maybe there's a more serious reason for the increase in temperature.

Or maybe, as you say.....I'm just fantasising that any of the above would have even the tiniest effect on a childs temperature.

It seems a bit odd that in Mid February with temperatures outside in single figures that anyone with an ounce of common would leave external doors open...just to cool a child.

I had my back door and windows opened last night because i burnt the tea :blush: and my smoke alarms wont stopped

So yes sometimes even in middle of winter windows and doors are left open

xxxxSuzy

I'm sure there's loads of Farmers out there that are chuffed to bits to have these foxes being released on to their land without permission. Neutered or otherwise.

The main problem with The public in Towns is that they don't get to see much in the way of wildlife.

So when Charlie makes an appearance in their garden they view them with doey eyes whilst wearing rose tinted glasses, thinking they are cute furry things and can do no harm.....A bit like Otters....Cut n Furry but will destroy wildlife & fisheries....but that's another story.

The truth is Charlie is an opportunist and very good at finding an easy meal and because they get encouraged by people feeding them, they lose the fear of people and next thing you know....whilst you're cooling your baby down by leaving doors open in the middle of winter. They come into your house and take chunks out of them.

I had my back door and windows opened last night because i burnt the tea :blush: and my smoke alarms wont stopped

So yes sometimes even in middle of winter windows and doors are left open

xxxxSuzy

Have you counted your fingers?

Maybe a fox got in and turned the oven up when you weren't looking.