Basil Brush he can't possibly bite!!

Fisheruk

Here we go again. Surely those furry cuddly things can't possibly want to hurt us. We feed them. We are their friends. Don't they know that. How many more children need to be attacked before the local authorities wake up to their responsibilities of controlling vermin in their patches.

infinitely more people get bitten by household pets...

lets not get carried away, I enjoy a good bit of UFC (Urban Fox Control) as mush as the next man.

for some people its the closest they get to seeing a wild mammal!

I like wild animals, but in the right place. Do you feel the same about rats, they are wild. Would you let a lion roam the streets. Are we going to wait until we get rabies in the fox population. It's a time bomb.

A weed is said to be a plant in the wrong place. Same thing applies to urban foxes. IMHO.

I believe that much (Maybe not all) of this problem would be minimised if only these idiots would stop trying to feed them. When are they going to realise that a fox is a wild hunting predator and by feeding them they are not taming or domesticating them, all thay are doing is removing their natural fear of people, and that is when they become a danger to people!

It is rare that rabies gets mentioned, especially in relation to foxes but I firmly believe that if rabies ever got into the UK unchecked (And God forbid it will not) it is extremely possible, even quite likely that foxes (Especially the "town foxes") could and would be a major factor in the spread of rabies!

I believe that much (Maybe not all) of this problem would be minimised if only these idiots would stop trying to feed them. When are they going to realise that a fox is a wild hunting predator and by feeding them they are not taming or domesticating them, all thay are doing is removing their natural fear of people, and that is when they become a danger to people!

It is rare that rabies gets mentioned, especially in relation to foxes but I firmly believe that if rabies ever got into the UK unchecked (And God forbid it will not) it is extremely possible, even quite likely that foxes (Especially the "town foxes") could and would be a major factor in the spread of rabies!

:yes: :yes: :yes:

How and why are people taking videos of them strolling around their houses? If they gave them a swift boot up the backside then perhaps they wouldn't come in their house, the fox has no NHS to fix him if it goes wrong, he learns quick and will never knowingly put himself in "danger"!

:yes: :yes: :yes:

How and why are people taking videos of them strolling around their houses? If they gave them a swift boot up the backside then perhaps they wouldn't come in their house, the fox has no NHS to fix him if it goes wrong, he learns quick and will never knowingly put himself in "danger"!

You've got a damned good point there, and one that hasn't been mentioned before. A good size 9 up the jacksie would soon teach Charlie that he wasn't welcome in the house. I just mentioned this to my other half and her reply was - Why bother wasting time getting a video camera, a brush handle would do the job as a deterant quite well!

p.s. If you try this I would suggest a lot of back spin on the cue ball! <_< <_< <_<

Edited by Frenchieboy

Foxes don't belong in urban areas. As numbers continue to swell with people tolerating them breeding in there gardens feeding them and curing there illness conflict will happen.

And why do the cuddle club keep banging on about dogs, its a different matter for its own debate. My lurcher as lazy as is he is would never tolerate a fox or any animal in my house or garden.

Urban foxes should be culled and held with the same regard as rats in my honest opinion. And yes it is us who have built our home on there's but that's life andc progress.

What's next findus fox crispy pancakes LOL

Karpman

A bit dramatic. One or two fox attacks in a year and the world is going to come to a end. Now i am being dramatic. :rolleyes:

Maybe said with some foresight instead of wearing blinkers.

If nothing is done were will we be in 5 or 10 years.

Do we have to wait till a child or baby is killed before we do something.

Cull the ginger ninja`s now.

Edited by NIGHT SEARCHER

No - the dog would be straight to the vet for a swift injection in most cases
True but people would not be getting hysterical and wanting dogs culled. Its a very rare incident there are things that kill and injure children every year that don't get as much publicity. Edited by ordnance

True but people would not be getting hysterical and wanting dogs culled. Its a very rare incident there are things that kill and injure children every year that don't get as much publicity.

That's exactly what happened with the dangerous dogs act. Do you have that in NI?

This topic was being discussed on the J.Vine show yesterday.I didn't listen to it but among the things he said they were going to discuss was 'should we 're-introduce' fox hunting in the cities?'I wasn't aware fox hunting had ever taken place in cities,but there you go.

Did anyone listen to it?Was anything sensible or logical said?

I hate the fact these professional tree huggers go on about how great it is to see foxes in towns and what you can do to help them when ideally you shouldnt ever see one in a town at all or have to help them at all. A fox is a wild animal that should be living in the countryside and its that that should be concentrated on, the destruction of the countryside. If they really want to help encourage people to make it hard for foxes to come to town, that would be in the foxes best interest.

If I remember correctly, packham kept a pet fox, what an idiot, we are supposed to think he has animal welfare in mind?