Bad News

Fenny

I was reflecting today on some bad news I had heard last night my work collegue and her 22 year old daughter had died in a head on smash with another car near Norwich.I sat here and thought I am fed up with work and I am constantly moaning about it , then the penny dropped.I thought to myself I have a lovely wife ,2 lovely girls a house and a job, a lot of people havent got that and are far worse off so in future my moaning will stop, I AM a lucky lad cheers Fenny

The Wife & I are going to see our daughter next week (Northumbria) she sent me an email yesterday.

This is part of it, "That reminds me have you thought anymore about investing in that smaller ladies size shotgun?" I now read this differently, all she is saying is our time together is valuable & not 'buy me a new shotgun'.

I would be lost without both my kids & my thoughts go out to her family and friends.

Fenny totally agree with what your saying but somtimes we moan at work for a reason.ie things not working correctly etc.

This in turn may pevent somone getting injured or an accident occuring. Its a natural reaction im afraid.

I was in a car crash 7 years ago and lost my best mate and it makes you ponder some serious things.

I think we should count our blessings for every day we are on this planet mate:

We all will leave it Eventually, Heart goes out to anybody with a loss, There is an old saying "Live Long Die quick".

Still does not make up for the loss, I cried all day when I lost a dog at the vets, some people would say sentimental, well if it is sentimentality I suffer from, Long live Sentimentality.. lost a friend 3 weeks back, heart attack. There are no Words:

Look around, there is all ways somebody worse off:

Edited by subsonicnat

Keep your head held high and appreciate what you have rarther than what you haven't.

Mother in laws been a nurse all her life, 3 years ago she got a headache, and collapsed.

She's now got a big ole titanium plate in her head replacing her skull and a head full of anurisms waiting to pop. She's totally blind and slightly cabbaged. (Only slightly mind, memory's still there) and now basically, waiting for that day another one goes pop.

Be glad your alive lad, cos one day you'll wake up dead (as my dad always used to say)

My dad always used to say that he could tell he was getting older, because he was going to more funerals than birthdays, I realise now he has been gone 17 years how true that is. Really sorry to you and all your friend's family for their loss, and we can all give a thought for all those we know with serious illnesses and loss, and as you say, think of how well we have it, overall..

Edited by Bloke

Yep we have had a bit of a **** start to 2013 so far

Friend died in January of cancer she was only 40, very sad

Both me and the wife were made redundent in Feb due to the collapse of the company we both worked for.

But we still have our health and with great Kids (4) and a Gran Daughter we are still looking on the positive side of things regardless.

Edited by Spaniel

This thread has honestly brought tears to my eyes , 6ft 7 scaffolder , sometimes I forget how lucky I am ,

My feelings for anybody that has lost , I know I miss my grandad so much It hurts and stil talk to him from time to time ,

Enjoy life for now as tomorrow isn't a given

Edited by bigman

Unfortunately they were killed at a very dangerous point of the A47, where I had a very serious accident about a year and a half ago. I survived but they desperately need to sort that road out and dual it urgently before more people are killed. It's been a bad weekend for deaths on the roads in Norfolk, lets hope that is it for a few months.

Steve

Unfortunately they were killed at a very dangerous point of the A47, where I had a very serious accident about a year and a half ago. I survived but they desperately need to sort that road out and dual it urgently before more people are killed. It's been a bad weekend for deaths on the roads in Norfolk, lets hope that is it for a few months.

Steve

nearly come a cropper on that bit myself on more than one occasion, hopefully this tragic accident will bring it to someones attention now

Every day is a gift, that's why it's called The Present :good:

that's a nice thought :yes:

Definitely makes you think when something happens, on my daily commute (50miles)I now go past where 5 crashes have left 6 people dead in 2 years, I have sat there cursing in traffic before now then you hear it's because someone else going home just like me isn't going home ever again.

When you look at your life we all have it pretty good, every time things seem sh&tty it always works out in the end

I've been working with a lad today similar age to me but he is working various hours and days over the 5 set system to try and maintain his hours as best he can as is son got diagnosed with cancer last yr "same age as my son 11" he is in Sheffield children's hospital most of the time as he does a week on chemotherapy a week on steroids and a week off I asked him today how he was going and he went into detail.about having to massage his legs in the middle of the night as he is in agony from the steroids amongst other problems and side affects ,, we all moan but face it I would give anything for this never to happen to anyone , and for what its worth my friend always has a smile on his face " some bloke "

Will always remember when my wife dad died in hospital (82),he'd been ill for a while & was almost in a vegetated state.W got the call from the hospital one afternoon that he was close to passing.Family managed to get there & we all where round him when he passed.Although we knew it was comming my wife totally broke down.When we where leaving the hospital we passed a young girl no more than ten being wheeled in a chair,head shaven with a head scarf on. My wife took one look at me and said what the hell am i crying for that little girl has just put my life into prospective.

My wife and I had a very similar experence after visiting her terminally ill 80 year old grandmother in hospital. We were on our way out both very sad when a very young baby was rushed past us full of tubes and on what I think was a ventelator. The Doc telling the nurse to get the family now before is to late. It was horrible and put my wifes grandmothers 80 happy years into prospective.

sorry to hear about the loss of your friends,i would like to thank you for this post.......at 11am this morning my lad was in a disaplinary meeting,all over not doing some paper work,important paperwork.....bottom line earnings down from 400 quid a week to 96 quid a week.......and he has to start all over again,2 yrs hard graft down the drain..........at 11am this morning when i got the news we were all devastated.........everyone is on a downer............reading this post has made me realise how lucky we are,some people sadly dont get a second chance,all my lad has to do is get his head down and with a bit of help a bit of good luck and some time he will be back on track....

mikky

sorry to hear about the loss of your friends,i would like to thank you for this post.......at 11am this morning my lad was in a disaplinary meeting,all over not doing some paper work,important paperwork.....bottom line earnings down from 400 quid a week to 96 quid a week.......and he has to start all over again,2 yrs hard graft down the drain..........at 11am this morning when i got the news we were all devastated.........everyone is on a downer............reading this post has made me realise how lucky we are,some people sadly dont get a second chance,all my lad has to do is get his head down and with a bit of help a bit of good luck and some time he will be back on track....

mikky

Sound to me like he's on the way up already as he has the support of his family.He'll be fine