Another fatal dog attack

fenboy

On the news a 14 year old girl has been killed by four dogs in atherton near Bolton .

Reports suggest two were mastiffs and two staffie type.

Very sad and you have to feel for the family , there seems to be a ever increasing amount of these stories of late.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another tragady thoughts with family,shame news agents say 'reports suggest staffie and mastiff type before they are facts,and just to add a mastiff is a type,a staffie is a breed (known for friendliness to humans/children)untill morons start cross breeding them to look 'hard' with no thought to future tempraments

Trouble is when you get more than a couple, of some breeds together it becomes a pack thing. Very sad. Dont get me wrong, i am not anti dog, i have staffies in the family

Agree with the pack mentality comment,but can happen with any breed,watched a program on roaming dogs in the states and there were labs and retrievers in the pack,seems in this country every 'hard' man who doesnt have the 1st idea how to care for a dog wants a staffie ruining a fantastic breeds name

Must say I'm pleased this hasn't turned into a breed bashing by PW members, I like to think it's testament to the communitys knowledge base for wildlife and animals in general.

It really has everything to do with how the animal is raised and very little to do with aggressive DNA.

Must say I'm pleased this hasn't turned into a breed bashing by PW members, I like to think it's testament to the communitys knowledge base for wildlife and animals in general.

It really has everything to do with how the animal is raised and very little to do with aggressive DNA.

Not entirely its a combination of the number of dogs, pack instinct and their own instinct to kill. Being fighting breeds when they bite they can kill unlike lots of more traditional breeds. My inkling though is they will turn out to be long legged staffies. One things for sure to shoot them to get to the victim it must have been horrific

I feel sorry for the family and the coppers that were in attendance.

Round children, I'd never have a dog that I couldn't get the better of.

To have four of them in a pack is madness. As Alex says, four dogs living together under the same roof and you have a pack; a different kettle of fish altogether.

Sad times.

I know most staffie dogs are probably fine but there's definitely a pattern. You never hear of a westie killing someone do you?

It's virtually always a staffie, my sister has a lovely staffie that wouldn't hurt a fly. But there neighbours had a staffie that bit my nephew quite badly after ,he went to get his ball from next doors garden after first asking the neighbours

It's virtually always a staffie, my sister has a lovely staffie that wouldn't hurt a fly. But there neighbours had a staffie that bit my nephew quite badly after ,he went to get his ball from next doors garden after first asking the neighbours

i love staffies but as the most popular dog in the country who's numbers far exceed any other breed it seems only logical that we would see more attacks reportedly being done by them than any other breed , if there were double the amount of GSD's than any other breed then we would see more attacks by GSD's , its just statistics