Ex-Prime Minister Baroness Thatcher dies

gazzthompson

she has a son mark thatcher as well

Yes I know, but when someone mentioned that she was a mother, he said yes, to an arms dealer,

Therefore just using that fact to throw some dirt, totally ignoring the fact she also has a daughter and grandchildren,

It's easy to just use the bits you want to distract from the truth

:shaun:

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will work great - it isn't a tax.

Dont see it working myself if people cannot afford to pay where are they going to find smaller properties for them

Maybe the gov should look at not giving or paying for housing for foreigners first

Edited by castletyne

As only posts that exalt her life and premiership appear to be allowed, this is, and will obviously continue to be, a very one sided thread and not remotely reflective of the wide spectrum of thoughts and feelings created by her death.

There are other opinions from many many people who loathed the woman for many reasons to do with the other side of what she was, did and stood for that clearly are not going to be allowed here.

My sincere condolences to Carol who lost her mother today.

There are other opinions from many many people who loathed the woman for many reasons to do with the other side of what she was, did and stood for that clearly are not going to be allowed here

To be fair I'm not sure that's true. I think only posts that are offensive, which gloat or which celebrate her death are likely to be removed. Not being a fan is allowed I'm sure.

Dont see it working myself if people cannot afford to pay where are they going to find smaller properties for them

Maybe the gov should look at not giving or paying for housing for foreigners first

They shouldn't be paying for accommodations for anyone unless the alternative is the street. Unfortunately state subsidy of housing has distorted the market for so long, it will be difficult or impossible to move back to anything else.

As for paying for foreigners - vote UKIP.

It's simply a matter of respect. I'm not a fan of Blair and what he done to our country but I won't celebrate his death. Some of the comments I'm reading elsewhere are vile.

You don't have to be a fan but I'm glad the thread's being kept 'clean'.

end of the day you might not of ageed with her policies ,but she has not ****ed the country up no where near as bad as the labour government ,with mass immigration and be dictated by brussels .there is no great britton anymore,every soldier that died on the battle filed in the first and second world war would be horrified at the state of this so called great britton.

It's simply a matter of respect. I'm not a fan of Blair and what he done to our country but I won't celebrate his death. Some of the comments I'm reading elsewhere are vile.

Well said

end of the day you might not of ageed with her policies ,but she has not ****** the country up no where near as bad as the labour government ,with mass immigration and be dictated by brussels .there is no great britton anymore,every soldier that died on the battle filed in the first and second world war would be horrified at the state of this so called great britton.

They might be more horrified that our own citizens can't even spell the country's name correctly!

I wont celebrate her death either, Its sad to see anyone go,however I feel no great loss for one who vilified hardworking men as "enemies of the state" whilst selling off electricity, water, gas and BT, and spending the money to keep people unemployed, and to what cost now? she brought about the first housing boom interest rates above 20 yes 20% you would whine at them now would you not, and remember when she came to power the UK population was just about fully employed! within no time she had 3 million on the dole and god knows how many on benefit (that you hate so much and she started it), yes she has lots to be applauded for.

KW

good riddance, to bad rubbish, i aint going to shed a tear over her.

Which is what a lot of people will be saying if you lot vote for independence on September 18 2014 and help us get rid of the millstone round our English necks that is Scotland.The best way for you to get independence is to give England the vote too.But I can't see you voting to get rid of the English dole money. :lol::lol::lol:

I wont celebrate her death either, Its sad to see anyone go,however I feel no great loss for one who vilified hardworking men as "enemies of the state" whilst selling off electricity, water, gas and BT, and spending the money to keep people unemployed, and to what cost now? she brought about the first housing boom interest rates above 20 yes 20% you would whine at them now would you not, and remember when she came to power the UK population was just about fully employed! within no time she had 3 million on the dole and god knows how many on benefit (that you hate so much and she started it), yes she has lots to be applauded for.

KW

I have to agree (had to happen at least once).

I don't want to turn this in to a Thatcher bashing thread but people seem to have selective memories, the 80s were not a golden era for Britain. More than anything, she certainly was a strong willed person and a political force that won't be forgotten by history.

They are complaining there is a shortage of 1 bedroom properties and yet last month they demolished 36 perfectly good 1 bedroom flats in Newcastle :no:

Makes the mind boggle. They sold the land for development of an.extention to Newcastle Uni. Even the surrounding buildings are to be leveled apparently.

Turf out 36 residents to allow yet ANOTHER Uni extention. At the rate its going Newcastle city centre will be ALL University in 10 years :lol:

Locally I have seen swathes of housing torn down and nothing built to replace it. They sell the land to developers and cut a deal that when housing IS built they get so many for council tenants!

Times weren't golden for everyone but they were never going to be. Change comes at a cost and she took us from being a country on our knees and helped us stand tall again. She encouraged enterprise, allowed people to buy their council homes, stood up to the unions, took on the Argentinians, helped end the Cold War, supported our armed forces, oh......and rescued our economy.

Some won, some lost, but many would be far worse off now if the country had been allowed to collapse.

Someone had to take on the unions who were destroying the country and she was the only one who had the brass neck to do it. Although that caused a lot of destruction it was necessary and without her, I've no doubt the Falklands would now be Argentinian so all in all, I reckon she was the best PM since Churchill.

As for the son, he's an absolute disgrace and I'm astounded that no-one put a bullet in his head after the Simon Mann thing. There's absolutely no doubt that he was in it up to his neck and sold those poor guys out for his own freedom.

As for the benefits system. Whilst I'm all for giving it to those who really need it, I'm dead against anyone at all getting a single penny if they don't deserve it or haven't paid into the system.

I'm almost ashamed to admit that I have a feckless, good for nothing brother that is perfectly well and better qualified than I am but hasn't worked a single day in the last 25+ years. He's never been unwell but he is a lazy, bone idle s**te.

I on the other hand have never claimed a penny in any benefit at all. Have paid my taxes and worked my **** off all my life but despite that, my brother has a better standard of living than I do and i have to ask myself how can that be right, fair or just?

RIP Maggie...... whether any individual loves or hates you, none will forget you. :)

KW

What about income tax running at 98% for the top earners

If I remember it was thatcher that brought interest rates down

Gave people the right to buy their council houses

If privatisation was so wrong, why didn't Blair change it when he came to power,

Labour had everyone working in the public sector or nationalised industries which wasn't sustainable,

Labour did the same last time they were in, tried to get everyone into the public sector which again had proved unsustainable.

The unions had to be reigned in, they were running the country not Labour, look at the British car industry, unions helped destroy that with constant strikes, steel was the same, miners leaders closed the mines by trying to prove they were bigger than the govt.

If Scargill had called a national ballot he could have then gone to the TUC and got their backing for a national strike which they would have won,

Maggie must have thought it was Xmas when Scargill thought he could do it himself, he did the job for her

*dons tin hat*