Have I anything to worry about

Nrees21

Hi people, another 'I've had brushes with the law' post :/ . Let's start with the fact I have already applied for both my SGC and FAC and as of this morning have had my interview.... But I am still worrying about my past, I know it's a waiting game but I could do with some reassurance or not as the case maybe. my brushes with the law include....

racism.... I had an argument with my next door neighbour (in no racial terms at all) and then they went to the police and pulled the race card. I went to court for this and the case was dropped and she was promptly told if she tries this trick again it would be her in trouble.

A Frey..... Out on a night out, and at the end of the night we came across 4 lads stamping all over one lad cowering on the floor, not being able to watch such goings on, I promptly broke it up only to be assaulted by said victim at which point I acted in self defence.... This also went to court an was thrown out the night before trial, everyone else involved was convicted due to them being severely in the wrong.

I am a self employed joiner who is honest and hard working, and have just been very unfortunate to end p in such situations.

Anyone care to guess what he outcome maybe?

Cheers, Atb Nick

If you wern't convicted or cautioned for the offenses you should be fine, the FEO should have done background checks before coming to see you, did non of the above come up in the interview with him ? they usually tell you if youve got it at the interview.

I'm surprised that the FEO didn't talk to you about these "incidents" during the interview. The fact that he/she didn't suggests that they are not concerned about it as in both cases the charges were dropped and there was no case to answer! As such I wouldn't worry about it mate, I'm sure that all will be fine!

I've had worse and got sgc and fac .the recent one was

I had a neighbour call me a pedo because my missis is 19 and I'm 31 so got her arrested for spreading rumours that could of got me beat up .this went on while application was in process .

I was arrested for assault when 18 on a driver but later dropped ,1 year later I got my sgc

Really surprised that this didnt come up at your interview, i had a similar incident to your second one where i had genuinely acted in self defence but was arrested whilst it was investigated. Once all the facts were established all charges were dropped and i had the option of pressing charges against the other chap involved. My FEO had a record of it with him and asked if i had ever been in trouble with the police, i told him about the incident and all was fine, a couple of weeks later my sgc arrived.

I was also worried about getting my sgc because of this but in reality you are not a prohibited person and you have no convictions, you have no reason to worry. You dont have to feel guilty about defending yourself (within reason) in this country even if a local police computer has a record of it.

I'm surprised that the FEO didn't talk to you about these "incidents" during the interview. The fact that he/she didn't suggests that they are not concerned about it as in both cases the charges were dropped and there was no case to answer! As such I wouldn't worry about it mate, I'm sure that all will be fine!

I agree if they had worries they would have talked to you about it. I think if you came over ok in the interview your home and dry.

P.s. he did ask in the interview weather I had been in trouble with the police before and I told him everything. He then said he cou

D check all this, implying that he hadn't already. No indication wether or not I was going to get my license, basically said it was in the hands of the chief police constanble

Nope, no convictions or cautions, my record is clean. The worry is there because I have really wanted my licence for years now and really don't want to fall at the last hurdle. Looks lke it's a waiting game. , cheers for the replies guys

You'll be fine mate, have you read some of the posts on this site. If they give licences to half the reprobates on this site (me included) im sure they'll let you join us :welcomeani:

P.s. he did ask in the interview weather I had been in trouble with the police before and I told him everything. He then said he cou

D check all this, implying that he hadn't already. No indication wether or not I was going to get my license, basically said it was in the hands of the chief police constanble

He had probably checked it all already and it was a character/honesty check on your part

I got bound over to keep the peace and 80 community service for an incident some 10 years or more in my past. It was talked about in my interview and the feo was content it was isolated testorone fuelled and I was suitable.

Every case is different but I fancy your chances, other than that one incident I have no other blemishes and I served the community in full with no hint of trouble, you could say i was the perfect advert for community service lol.

Best of luck

Karpman

Agreed. Don't see any problem here.

Having police involvement at some point in your life is not really relevant, as such, to an application. The only thing which is relevant (assuming that you are not a prohibited person) is the issue as to whether you, at the time of the application, present a danger to public safety or the peace.

J.