Insect Repellent

WelshAndy

Hi all :) it's getting to that time of year when I start getting eaten to death my our little flying friends! I've used a few different ones in the past and they work ok but not 100%.

A friend has started using life systems 100+ deet but I don't think it can be very good for your skin as it melted a plastic bag he sprayed with it!

Can anyone recommend me one please?

Cheers

Andy

I had a pal who used to be in the Territorials and was hopeless at losing things, like their insect repellent, EXCELLENT, in a green plastic tube, sadly he has left!

If anyone knows where this can be had your advise would be appreciated, I have been unable to get it at any local Army surplus!

Cheers :good:

Jungle Formula Full Strength, ideal if you don't mind Napalm Death Chemical Warfare on the little blighters.

I have heard Skinso Soft is very effective but has a rather feminine scent to it.

I got some "NeetDeet" off a friend but refrained from using it after it ate the glass face off my wirst watch !!!!!!!

I can attest to their viciousness. I counted 110 bites once, was vile. I felt very ill for a few days.

I`ve seen teams of guns eaten alive and they were doused in all of the various potions!Some had ALL of them on and still

the midges got through !

Any of the Avon skin so soft works, it's the carrier dry oil base that works the rest is just fragrance etc.

Daughter was a agent for years, got loads last year.

Works on the marsh, just be sure to reaply after getting hold of wet ducks and geese.

Figgy

Have a look for stuff called herbal armour. A USA product. All natural oils ets mainly citronella by the smell but used to great effect in Africa for years against tsetse flies and bullet proof malarial mosquitoes! Chose it coz of constant use....the deet stuff will strip paint off steel....it works but long term use...?

avon skin so soft works for me its in the white green bottles, if you look on the back its got added citronella and another one that works not all avon work. it doesnt stop them crawling on you but it does stop them biting, if you cant stand them on you you need a face net.

also been on the bushcraft uk site and a chap is selling some cream made from natural ingredients and works on all biting insects ,really decent price as well so thaught i might invest and give it a whirl ,atb wayne