Tiger kills keeper

Sha Bu Le

Very sad.Poor woman;it must have been horrific.

I have been to the above park on several occassions,and the Tigers are most impressive,but I could never help thinking they looked 'edgy', constantly prowling the perimeters;back and forth,back and forth.

They said on the TV this morning that only a short time ago someone who worked there was killed in a car crash could it be that she was depressed about that and used the tigers as a way killing herself I cannot see any other reason for her to be in with them.

From what I have seen on TV big cats usually kill there pray very quickly with one bite and a shake unlike house cats that tend to enjoy seeing things suffer before killing them so I would have thought that she would have had a quick death if that is any consolation.

Edited by four-wheel-drive

They said on the TV this morning that only a short time ago someone who worked there was killed in a car crash could it be that she was depressed about that and used the tigers as a way killing herself I cannot see any other reason for her to be in with them.

From what I have seen on TV big cats usually kill there pray very quickly with one bite and a shake unlike house cats that tend to enjoy seeing things suffer before killing them so I would have thought that she would have had a quick death if that is any consolation.

?????????????? :no::no:

Can't really understand why she entered the tiger enclosure with the tiger still present :no: . Thoughts are with her family and friends. :(

I visited the park a number of years ago and watched them feed the tigers, they locked the tigers into their respective housing units and placed meat on top of poles at least 20 ft in the air. I filmed the tigers climbing up the poles for the meat, most impressive to watch.

Edited by Iced Tiger

But once they have had a taste then are they more likely to go for a keeper again if they get a chance ?? .Its very sad for the poor girl & her family .

Tigers and lions are ruthless around food, it's in their genetics. I used to watch lion man programme who was in New Zealand I think, and he could walk in to any enclosure at his park and interact with them be it lions or tigers, but even he wouldn't go near them at feeding time because of their primeval instinct to protect their food.

Whatever happened its very sad, but you can't blame a tiger for doing what comes naturally. Whatever the facts are she shouldn't of been in there.

R.I.P

ATB425

But once they have had a taste then are they more likely to go for a keeper again if they get a chance ?? .

Its very sad for the poor girl & her family .

I do not get what you are saying they are not pets they are kept in cages or fenced in areas and the only time that people would come into contact with them is when they need treatment from the vet and they then shoot darts with drugs in to knock them out.

I do not get what you are saying they are not pets they are kept in cages or fenced in areas and the only time that people would come into contact with them is when they need treatment from the vet and they then shoot darts with drugs in to knock them out.

Had the poor young lady had stuck to those rules she would still be with us four-wheel-drive but over the many years there have cases of big cats escaping from their enclosures so we establish that it can happen ? .