How to get rid of a wasps nest?

remy 700

I'm a bit disappointed that this has ended with "I used wasp killer". Where's the fun in that?!

The last nest I dealt with was sorted with a Black Panther rope banger that I removed from the rope and taped to a short lightweight stick (a kebab stick I think). I lit the banger, shoved it into the middle of the nest and ran like hell. The blast wrecked the nest to the point that they didn't bother to repair it. I suspect it killed the queen and the rest just died or gave up?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get rid of them like this , if the entrance hole is close to the ground get as close as you can & put the muzzle of your 12bore close to the hole but not in it & fire a shot in there & the blast from your shot along with the flash enters the nest & makes a real mess of their lair ! .

All considerations of safety to your self your gun & others must be understood if you choose this method .

Any survivors walk out of the nest with broken wings ect . Any way best you use wasp killer :good:

I remember in my farming days having to investigate a wasp nest in the straw stack. The summer casuals were refusing to venture anywhere near the stack until it was removed. I went up the field with Ray the builder who was doing some work round the place that day and we had a shufti. It was about the size of a football and there were the odd wasps flying about. As I turned to him to propose a method of removal he just started going at it with a spile and stoved it into a gap between the bales. I ran like the wind!

In a confined space though thats where fire comes into its own and lots of it :good::good: It saves getting stung :yes:

Set fire to your loft, that'll get rid of the queen cups & stop the big nests forming. You'll be homeless but what the heck !

The little cups you get are when the queen wakes up & begins building the nest. I've used the foamy nest spray on an underground nest with good results.