CLA Gamefair (Who Went)

Jonboy14

Me with the misses , both had a great day and really enjoyed it got myself a turbo flapper from AA decoys and a new camo bag also enjoyed some rather nice totty here and there when she wasn't looking ;-)

Edited by bigman

We went today. Weather was bang on and so was the totty. Got new hide poles and net. Nearly bought a new knife, the fella on the stand was telling me how it was such a good price. Got home went on uttings website to find the exact same one £20 cheaper, glad I never got it!

I was there on Friday. Picked up a gunslip and a couple of shirts for a reasonable price.

Boy was it warm walking around though, I got through about six bottles of water in 4 hours.

Sir_Adam - I think you're right about the Beretta stand, I was rummaging next to a bloke who walked off to pay for an armful of shirts and when I looked at where he'd got them from they were all womens. Not sure he realised either!

Will be going again next year I expect.

I went on Thursday, came back late Sunday, three great nights drinking with some great blokes, talked so much to like minded deer boys that my throat is still sore. And finally, good luck to those that bought a raffle ticket on the Deer Fund stand for the Swarpo EL's,oh, also learn't a new Derbyshire word for a small dog that hunts rats or rabbits, usually of a terrier breed, ' Mouse hound', crackin time.

Sir_Adam - I think you're right about the Beretta stand, I was rummaging next to a bloke who walked off to pay for an armful of shirts and when I looked at where he'd got them from they were all womens. Not sure he realised either!

Mate bought a stalking suit,three shirts and two jumpers;they were definitely made for a bloke as I've bought one of the shirts off him.

Guys can I ask, are there any decent deals on guns at these shows? Semi auto to be precise.

Cos

there are very few bargains to be found at game fairs as the cost of the stand is very high so they cannot afford big discounts,my local dealer used to do the shooting show but said the cost of the stand would mean he would need to sell around forty guns to get his money back and on top of that there is all the work of taking stock there and back,the last time I went I was looking for a new beretta I bought one on the way home from dealers and it was £400 cheaper than at the show.this has been my experience of these events.