Do large cats roam the British countryside?

aris

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He might have a bit of an add manner but I dont think that he is a nutter. ( Who is normal?)

I haven't personally seen a big cat but Several people I know recon that they have seen one. These people have not been sensaion seekers and haven't really told anyone of what they recon they have seen. All of them I trust and believe. One being my older sister who lived at the time in a secluded area and she said that one day ahe was out in the garden hanging out the washing when she noticed a very big black cat watching her from about fourty yards away down the garden. She made a quick but steady retreat back in doors. This was years ago before mobiles and they didn't have a landline at the house. She didn't go outside again that day.

She said that it was just a big, big animal like a big black shiney house mogey.

If Big Cats do roam our countryside then why has there never been any remains of a dead one found? Or do these so called big cats live for ever?

That's it their life expectancy is about 10-12 years so any released would need to have bred to still be about. Look at the range of domestic cats about and the larger ones at last light are the cause of most sightings.

That's it their life expectancy is about 10-12 years so any released would need to have bred to still be about. Look at the range of domestic cats about and the larger ones at last light are the cause of most sightings.

That's my point! So if they do raom the countryside (And have by all accounts done so for many years) then you could have expected them to breed and die over this period of time. With this in mind I will ask the question "Has anyone ever found the remains (Or even some of the bones) of a "Big Cat" in the UK countryside"?

If they are as prolific as some people would have us believe surely you would expect someone to have come across so sort of "evdence" like this - Wouldn't you?

Edited by Frenchieboy

I have no doubt people THINK they have seen big cats - but some people THINK they have seen spacecraft from another planet too (UFO's). In most cases when investigated, it there is a logical explanation, or no explanation or evidence either way.

I'm wondering if these stories were originally not just spun up to keep poachers and ramblers off private land - and now they have taken a life of their own.

That's my point! So if they do raom the countryside (And have by all accounts done so for many years) then you could have expected them to breed and die over this period of time. With this in mind I will ask the question "Has anyone ever found the remains (Or even some of the bones) of a "Big Cat" in the UK countryside"?

If they are as prolific as some people would have us believe surely you would expect someone to have come across so sort of "evdence" like this - Wouldn't you?

I'd also expect to see big-cat dung all over the place. With all the tracks and footprints which are around - has nobody thought to take some plaster casts of them?

Edited by aris

If Big Cats do roam our countryside then why has there never been any remains of a dead one found? Or do these so called big cats live for ever?

Good point. I can only assume that like domestic cats they find somewhere remote to go and die or they get shot by folk that keep their gobs shut. I can just see the thread in sporting pictures - "an afternoon on the Beast of lyminge forest" - we got down the field on my m8s perm and set the deeks out...........

Edited by ack-ack

if you search on Internet, my best mates a farmer and his land back on to the beckhams house, and a few years ago some of gorden Ramseys prized lambs was being kept in the back field of the beckhams and I beleive a few got ripped to bits by somthing it was all over the news, that same month we found a mjack ripped to shreds. I don't beleave any of it but seems abit strange to me, papers made it out like it was a Puma or somthing.

Now if somebody happened to think " not happy about that thing roaming about" and just plain shot it, Will he phone the press and tell them what he just did? will he phone his FEO first and ask for a variation? Fact remains wild cats are very good at finding each other and not being sighted, Sitka spruce plantations cover vast tracks of our uplands are full of deer and very difficult to stalk deer in at times let alone cats! Sheep often just disappear on the hill most I know are not too bothered as the only real things a sheep is good at is finding new ways of dying or finding escape routes from its own fields.