birds won't decoy

yickdaz

me and the old fella shot the same rape stubble as Monday had 74 that day, there was a lot more birds flighting in to it today and feeding on the deck constant flightline in to the field and to the corner of the wood so that's were we set up to start with after pushing them off the field, but boy you have to work hard to get them on this particular field and flightline just used dead birds as decoys moved the hide and decoys 3 times rotary 6 times turned it off then back on again put a turbo flapper out a bouncer all together we tried every last little thing to try and pull birds in but they just wouldn,t commit it was mainly flighting again the shooting is second to none in terms of quality birds and a good bag not complaining at all but when you know theres at least double what we are getting if they would decoy well

I didn,t bother laying them out today it started to pour down just as I collected them so took a quick snap before quickly sacking them

picked 70 lost 6

post-21887-0-45302000-1376505894_thumb.jpg

Edited by yickdaz

I'm not surprised that they didn't decoy well if you have shot the field before. They may have a brain the size of a rice grain but pigeons do remember if they have been shot at before in a particular field I am sure of it.

To shoot 70 in such conditions was very good indeed.

I'm not surprised that they didn't decoy well if you have shot the field before. They may have a brain the size of a rice grain but pigeons do remember if they have been shot at before in a particular field I am sure of it.

that will have a bearing on it agreed, but only 3 years ago on the very same field when it was rape stubble well it had been disced in I shot 60 on the corner of the wood 2 of us went back the day after and decoyed 110 about 100 yards from were I shot

well done daz certainly tests your shooting skills. a mate of mine was on a similar field the other day. he ended up with 50 dead birds out and still they would not decoy he ended on 95 but said he has never worked so hard for them. that field had not been shot previously.

Not always that way though, one of our guys shot 90 last wedenesday, I inadvertently shot the exact same place on Sunday afternoon and shot 32, but it should have been closer to 50 or more, I just couldn't get my eye in for the first hour and to be honest they decoyed well.

good on you pal shot 9 the other day all decoyed great missed 2 and you shoot 70 when they wont decoy

you make me sick lol that my biggest bag for 18 months

atb dolphin

i no what you mean mate lol i managed 30 odd last leek and it was the best ive ever done!! it should have been more but i was a bit delicate after lowther lol :blush: