The "Realy Tasty Bottled Beer" thread.

Frenchieboy

if you nancies really have to drink bottled beer, then get your head into this ( I put the BEST up front) an amazing selection for you to have a go at there's even a section for the lovers of yellow water.

http://www.realalewarehouse.co.uk/camerons-brewery--strongarm-ruby-red-191-p.asp

KW

The link only shows the first one.

What you drinking Lately?

Figgy

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll go along way to beat a pint of St. Austells' Tribute .....but Everard's Tiger, Bombadier, Speckled Hen, and Wadworths 6X are perfectly acceptable appetisers whilst you're en-route. :)

I'm not sure about 6X in bottles but I used to love 6X on draught - A really excellent beer!

Old speckled hen is so disgusting i have made it my personal mission to drink as much as possible so people dont have to suffer.

You wont like it, so just pass it over lol!

In fairness you have picked 3 good ones to start, but i do find the golden hen a bit wierd with a "peachy" aftertaste

if you nancies really have to drink bottled beer, then get your head into this ( I put the BEST up front) an amazing selection for you to have a go at there's even a section for the lovers of yellow water.

http://www.realalewarehouse.co.uk/camerons-brewery--strongarm-ruby-red-191-p.asp

KW

that surprises me KW.... i would have never thought you would like a drop of camerons down your throat :lol:

that surprises me KW.... i would have never thought you would like a drop of camerons down your throat :lol:

luverly stuff mate had a nice pint at lunch time, just the one as I was driving and had the wife in tow, puts hairs on your chest does this stuff (and that's just the women)

KW

I'm sure that mosy of us would agree that a good pint (Or two or three) of real ale pulled up from the wood will beat a bottle any day, but having a few good bottles at home with your feet up in front of the fire and not having to think about drinking and driving home after a pint or two has to be a damned good substitute!

As for me, I'm putting my feet up on the sofa and enjoying a couple of bottles of Directors tonight!

Bought 3 beers form asda the other night, Black sheep ale, Bombadier colonels choice and a Badger golden glory. Have tried 2 of them: The black sheep was very good and i will definitely try it again but the bombadier (in my eyes ) was horrid way too strong tasting (and i'll normally drink anything)

I have given in to temptation, and ordered a dozen bottles of ale

this is my choice, all in the name of research of course.

Camerons Brewery : Monkey Stout,

Camerons Brewery : Strongarm Ruby Red,

Dark Star Brewing Co. : Sunburst,

Ramsbury Brewery : Gold,

Valhalla Brewery : White Wife,

The Orkney Brewery : Red MacGregor,

St Andrew's Brewing Co. : Fife Gold,

Hawkshead Brewery : Lakeland Gold,

Copper Dragon Brewery : Best Bitter,

Hog's Back Brewery : Traditional English Ale (TEA),

Crouch Vale Brewery : Brewers Gold,

Blindmans Brewery : Buff Amber,

Edited by kdubya

I have given in to temptation, and ordered a dozen bottles of ale

this is my choice, all in the name of research of course.

Camerons Brewery : Monkey Stout,

Camerons Brewery : Strongarm Ruby Red,

Dark Star Brewing Co. : Sunburst,

Ramsbury Brewery : Gold,

Valhalla Brewery : White Wife,

The Orkney Brewery : Red MacGregor,

St Andrew's Brewing Co. : Fife Gold,

Hawkshead Brewery : Lakeland Gold,

Copper Dragon Brewery : Best Bitter,

Hog's Back Brewery : Traditional English Ale (TEA),

Crouch Vale Brewery : Brewers Gold,

Blindmans Brewery : Buff Amber,

Many of those I have not heard of or tried but if the names are anything to go by thery certainly sound interesting. We hope you will tell what you thought of them!

p.s. We knew you would cave in eventually, all in the name of research - Of course! :lol::whistling::lol: