Good night on the rabbits with the air rifle

NitroJoe

I had my personal best night on the rabbits last night, despite the wind. I'm glad we got some bunnies off to the butcher before the real bad weather sets in and stops play for a week!

I was using my Weihrauch HW100S .177 and the trusty Nitesite. Got them all on camera too, so watch out for a video on my channel soon! :)

FE189973-2334-4704-B944-C767AB38BDF8-177

C3BBF747-E5F9-40EF-B086-19E33D17C18A-177

Well shot, that's a good bag.

Good Shooting well done bud.

Thanks, I appreciate the comments!

Brill. Great shooting. What price are the rabbits fetching prepped from the butcher?

Thanks,

Cheers. I don't know how much he sells them for once they're dressed, but I know he pays us £1.20 per good sized rabbit that has been paunched out. If we get any smaller ones, it's 2 for £1.20, but we didn't have that problem this night!

I wouldn't mind gettin a night out with the airrifle but no longer have a permission :/ looks like a good night there.

Sounds like a good reason to visit your local farmers mate. I haven't asked someone for permission face to face and had a no yet. I've had plenty by mail and phone though!

top guns them pal,very very accurate, i don't think there is a standard air rifle as good to be honest, good shooting atb simon

Thanks again Simon! :)

i remember i had some good nights with a air rifle few years back now... only tend to use the rim fire now... well done good bag

I'd like to get out with my rimfire soon, we've just picked a few permissions that are riddled with rabbits but aren't clear for FAC.. yet! Hence the HW seeing a lot of action

That really is an excellent bag, especially with an air rifle and the blustery windy conditions we have had over the last couple of days!

Well done that man! :good::good::good:

Thanks, I was well chuffed. Perhaps the wind helped correct my aim?! :lol:

Awesome bit of shooting :) How much did you pay for your Nitesite?

Thanks! I bought it second hand for £300, then paid £100 for the upgrade camera unit and £50 for the recorder, so £450 for the whole shabang. No more worrying about the rabbits getting lamp shy, I love it! :ninja:

Thanks! I bought it second hand for £300, then paid £100 for the upgrade camera unit and £50 for the recorder, so £450 for the whole shabang. No more worrying about the rabbits getting lamp shy, I love it! :ninja:

I want one so bad but I'd literally get hung, drawn and quartered if I spent that much right now :lol: What would you say is it's maximum effective distance?

I want one so bad but I'd literally get hung, drawn and quartered if I spent that much right now :lol: What would you say is it's maximum effective distance?

Haha, I know that feeling! Why not make one, you could have something just as good for under half the price I reckon! This thing will see at least 250 yards, sometimes even more, all depending on the terrain and how much light it's able to reflect back. I plan to do a side by side test with both cameras soon :good:

Haha, I know that feeling! Why not make one, you could have something just as good for under half the price I reckon! This thing will see at least 250 yards, sometimes even more, all depending on the terrain and how much light it's able to reflect back. I plan to do a side by side test with both cameras soon :good:

I've heard people say that, I've got a scope mount (somewhere) for my camera, but I've literally no idea where to even start :/