Thief on Trail Cam

ostrea

Had a Couple of traps pinched from the shoot then 25Kilo feeders full of wheat going missing 6 weeks ago so we set up our Trail cameras around the wood, All quiet for 4 Weeks then noticed 2 feeders gone on Saturday, Checked the cameras and hey presto 2 Persons walking out of the wood with the feeders!!

Police informed arrest made and charged.

Let it be a warning to poachers and thieves we no longer have to sit around for hours on end to catch them.

Many years ago I was a young soldier on stag duty in a field. Cold and wet, fearful of the warrant officer creeping up in case I fell asleep and slitting my throat with a red market pen.

All hell would break loose if that happened, thankfully when it did it was not me.

Anyways, I was at my post in the depth of night in a hill in Hampshire, I had drawn double stag for cheating on a run.

I saw two fiqures walking along a hedge line toward the make shift patrol base, squinting through the rubbish 1st gen night sight I couldn't make out any weapons or uniform but wasn't taking any chance, they got closer about 20 yards, halt! I said, password, . . No reply, weapon cocked (had blanks) and I repeated my challange, they ran like the wind.

I sent up a flare to illuminate them and the guys stood two thinking the other platoon were having a pop. Nothing. Had a smoke (u can get creative when light is an issue) and swapped with a mate.

Was two poachers after the pheasant poults nearby. Apparently they were caught a little way away after crashing in a ditch and told the officers they thought they were going to be shot. They were, but only with blanks.

Hate thieves.

Many years ago I was a young soldier on stag duty in a field. Cold and wet, fearful of the warrant officer creeping up in case I fell asleep and slitting my throat with a red market pen.

All hell would break loose if that happened, thankfully when it did it was not me.

Anyways, I was at my post in the depth of night in a hill in Hampshire, I had drawn double stag for cheating on a run.

I saw two fiqures walking along a hedge line toward the make shift patrol base, squinting through the rubbish 1st gen night sight I couldn't make out any weapons or uniform but wasn't taking any chance, they got closer about 20 yards, halt! I said, password, . . No reply, weapon cocked (had blanks) and I repeated my challange, they ran like the wind.

I sent up a flare to illuminate them and the guys stood two thinking the other platoon were having a pop. Nothing. Had a smoke (u can get creative when light is an issue) and swapped with a mate.

Was two poachers after the pheasant poults nearby. Apparently they were caught a little way away after crashing in a ditch and told the officers they thought they were going to be shot. They were, but only with blanks.

Hate thieves.

r

I bet they S....... Themselves!

We had all kinds of ideas but decided between the syndicates we had a few trail cameras and not the expensive ones either, but the quality of the picture in the dead of night could not have been better if it was taken by a professional.

The justice system is hopeless they will get away with it no doubt

Or at worst a slap on the wrists and a "don't do it again"

It's fantastic!!!

Sadly i agree with this comment.The Police will do everything right,but the CPS will eventually drop the case due to the crimes low cost.At best they will be offered a caution.

Was it somebody you knew of and was it a surprise to you, or were they already likely candidates ?

We have all kinds of funny stuff going on, traps nicked, a high seat repeatedly pushed over, and two Bantam cockerels left in our release pen!

Did have a suspicion that it might have been this person he was nothing to do with the shoot but lived nearby, had a few trail cameras doted around various places, Had them on the camera a few weeks back but image was not good enough to make out who they where.

Patients paid off in the end and hope if nothing else, That alone will be enough to keep people away in the future.

• 2 months later...

The Thief attended Crown court today and decided to plead Guilty, cost him nearly £800 between fine, costs and compensation to the shoot.

Well done North Wales Police for their excellent work.

Sorted. Well done. Was the thief an anti or another shooter, stealing for his own shoot?

Sorted. Well done. Was the thief an anti or another shooter, stealing for his own shoot?

Not an Anti he does have and works lurches. From what we can make out he was stealing them for the barley and giving it to a relative to feed chickens.

It would have been cheaper for him to buy 25 Kig .