Browning Legia Spray.

whiskymac

It's what i use, a choke and barrel cleaner. As for oil down the barrel, i put a spray or two onto the fluffy head and pull through once at the end.

Gibby

Thanks mate, can you use it on the outside of the barrels or is it best too just give them a rub with an oily patch or kitchen roll?

maybe its just me im not sure, but why do people keep insisting on putting oil down a barrel, surely with all the post's about a light oiled rag wipe through or chromed barrels that dont need it at all i cant see why guys still ask, maybe an older gun slightly pitted none chromed requires a little extra T.L.C. but who leaves enough oil in a gun barrel to run into the stock.

im just waiting to see the post that says, "guys dont put oil in the barrel it acts like an explosive when you fail to clean it out before firing, ive blown mine up, know anyone with a gun i can buy :yes:

most mops will wipe through with the slightest amount of lubricant, my self personaly only dry lubes go into mine, and with all the newer products out there gun care should be made pretty easy dont you think ??

Martin

please dont rip me another ####, mine is still ringing from the family visit, would like your opinions though

maybe its just me im not sure, but why do people keep insisting on putting oil down a barrel, surely with all the post's about a light oiled rag wipe through or chromed barrels that dont need it at all i cant see why guys still ask, maybe an older gun slightly pitted none chromed requires a little extra T.L.C. but who leaves enough oil in a gun barrel to run into the stock.

im just waiting to see the post that says, "guys dont put oil in the barrel it acts like an explosive when you fail to clean it out before firing, ive blown mine up, know anyone with a gun i can buy :yes:

most mops will wipe through with the slightest amount of lubricant, my self personaly only dry lubes go into mine, and with all the newer products out there gun care should be made pretty easy dont you think ??

Martin

please dont rip me another ####, mine is still ringing from the family visit, would like your opinions though

I am wondering if products like Legia lubricate as I would rather not use oil if possible. The Legia is more of a 'dry' product and I would much rather use this than oil but I don't know if it is a lubricant.

What dry lubricant are you using Martin?

Legia certainly isn't "dry" so if you don't want to use oil don't use legia. I personally do use Legia. It is not specifically a barrel cleaner, though it does shift some ****, it is very good at displacing water so if you've been out shooting and your gun is soaked dry it off and give it a LIGHT spray to prevent rust. If you oil your bores then, as Martin says, for ***** sake dry them out before you shoot, oily barrels have a tendency to burst when shot. The only time I oil my bores is when I'm storing my gun for a long period and then I give it a good clean and de-oiling before I use it. Under no circumstances spray the action of your gun, it will glue it up in no time.

Hope this is some help ???

• 6 years later...

Legia can be used for all your gun including the woodwork.

After reading this thread I was just about to ask that since just bought a PCP air rifle that the stock is a bit dry and the metal needs oiling so wondered if I could use this in the whole gun.

Legia can be used for all your gun including the woodwork.

They do Legia spray in a green can especially for woodwork.

Been using the red canned stuff for years now as a general all purpose cleaner darn good it is. A couple of squirts down each barrel, two barrel sized wads of kitchen roll pushed through with a dowel rod. Quick wipe over and job jobbed.

I haven't had any sign of rust using Legia spray.

I'm st fussy when I clean mine, I got a cheep ish bisley kit with oil and bore cleaner. I typically strip the gun, couple of squirts of bore cleaner nd set them to the side, clean **** out of forend mech, light dab of oil on moving parts (if needed), wipe over the stock, clean action with lightly oiled toothbrush (just to remove crud). Back to barrels, good scrub with the brush, couple of passes with the jag and loo roll, polishing brush with a dab of oil, toothbrush treatment to the extractors, dab of oil to moving parts then 're-assemble' wipe over woodwork with a duster.

Also take out chokes every say 3-4 times to make sure their not stuck.

Not saythis is the best or worseit works for me.way but i

I always use Legia spray on all my guns and rifles including down the barrels when they go in the cabinet and wipe it off/out before they are used the next time. I am not interested if the guns are new or old they all get the same treatment, I have done this all my life (admittedly with oil prior to Legia) and I am not going to change now. :good:

Edited by Blunderbust

It's ok, most gun cleaners are, WD40 though is silicone based, it's ok for cleaning and removing water but I would use a good ol based cleaner for wiping over the blueing and leaving in non chromed barrels any day your spray is fine