What .22 Ammo do you use / recommend

HI

I currently use eley sport .22 ammo in with the green sticker

Can anyone recommend trying anything else to be honest im happy with what i use but just wondered if im missing anything

Ive heard good things about winchester rounds ?

J

best thing you could do is go buy a few different type's and see what your gun prefers i used winchesters for ages then tried eleys and find they group a little better tried lapua the other day and they group brilliant,

though the winnies seem to hit harder and although group the worst of the 3 they still group within a 10p at 60 yard which is a rabbits head or heart lung area and they are only £4 a box

colin

Edited by colin lad

What are you shooting at? If its target Eley Sport are pretty damn good and Winchester solid subsonics come a very close second.If you're after a cheap plinking round American Eagle are fantastic for the price and will cycle in a semiauto just fine.

If its rabbits i like Eley hollow points as they're reliable and group very well with Winchesters a very close second.

HI

I currently use eley sport .22 ammo in with the green sticker

Can anyone recommend trying anything else to be honest im happy with what i use but just wondered if im missing anything

Ive heard good things about winchester rounds ?

J

If it's paper you're hunting, eley match will achieve consistency beyond the capabilities of most rifle and shooter combinations. Match is twice the price of what you're using though and eley club might be a nice middle ground. For rabbits, eley sub HP are surprisingly consistent and could shoot 1" groups at 100 yards on a perfect day. Just to prove that I don't work for eley, I'll also recommend SK subsonic HP - that ammo is brilliantly consistent in my rifle.

best thing you could do is go buy a few different type's and see what your gun prefers i used winchesters for ages then tried eleys and find they group a little better tried lapua the other day and they group brilliant,

though the winnies seem to hit harder and although group the worst of the 3 they still group within a 10p at 60 yard which is a rabbits head or heart lung area and they are only £4 a box

colin

+1