Paul Walker Dead In Car Crash.

Dr_Scholl

I would say inappropriate speed is a more common killer than bad driving.

why ? you would only open it up on a empty road to just speed so as to not risk anyone elses safety like say in germany where there are roads without limits, bad driving you would be dong it without regard for others on a road where there are other road users that i think would be a bigger killer.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to disagree once again but speed doesn't kill, however rapid deceleration does. I agree that there is a time and a place to open a fast car up, where its safe to do so and without endangering anyone else. Everyone makes mistakes and sadly this one cost 2 lives. RIP (Ryan Dunn of Jackass fame was also killed in a porsche which left the road at high speed)

Very sad news. Looks like its a reminder to all of us, speed kills

Is there a picture of the Porsche?

Not to be controversial but i beleive speed does'nt kill, inappropriate speed at inappropriate times in appropriate conditions kills. This is due to lack of skill and hazard perseption and road craft as a biker yourself i'm sure you'll agree. Speed is purely a personal interpretation one mans speed is another mans slow. I often ride with freinds and find myself out in front on my own without even trying not because im a better rider but i feel i'm more in tune with the bike or car i'm in control of. Just putting it out there.

Edited by klatuveradanikto

Not to be controversial but i beleive speed does'nt kill, inappropriate speed at inappropriate times in appropriate conditions kills. This is due to lack of skill and hazard perseption and road craft as a biker yourself i'm sure you'll agree. Speed is purely a personal interpretation one mans speed is another mans slow. I often ride with freinds and find myself out in front on my own without even trying not because im a better rider but i feel i'm more in tune with the bike or car i'm in control of. Just putting it out there.

I agree with you, i find myself in the same situation as you when it comes to riding with friends. My awareness and planning is far superior to those i ride with. Even still, there is a time and a place for everything.

Sadly as humans we all make mistakes. A mistake at a lower speed is less fatal than a mistake at a higher speed. On a motorcycle it doesn't even have to be our fault to still be fatal to us...

The saddest thing is that his daughter no longer has her father. at 15 yrs there are so many milestones to come in her life and he won't be there to share them.

Extremely sad. Edited by Malik

I agree with you, i find myself in the same situation as you when it comes to riding with friends. My awareness and planning is far superior to those i ride with. Even still, there is a time and a place for everything.

Sadly as humans we all make mistakes. A mistake at a lower speed is less fatal than a mistake at a higher speed. On a motorcycle it doesn't even have to be our fault to still be fatal to us...

Extremely sad.

Agreed keep the rubber side down :good: :good:

You'll become an organ donor in time while you feel that "in tune". The guy driving raced cars for a living and still had this accident. It's tragic but he went out in a way that would have suited one of the films, by all measures though a really nice guy

Higher the speed higher the risk! I was always told to drive/ride within my limits and those of the track/road!

Still broke 14 bones in 10 years tho!

Massive shame about his death tho, part way through filming new fast n furious film and just done a lot for the Philippines relief charities after typhoon! Sounds like a genuinely nice guy!

Edited by walt1980

Ignoring the rights and wrongs, because at the end of it all they've paid for any stupidity on their part. My thoughts go out to the Walker family and also to the family of the pretty much unmentioned Roger Rodas, the driver last night.

'Roger Rodas. This man was a race car driver, business owner, humanitarian and much more. He was a close friend of Paul Walker and the two also were partners in the business world'.

R.I.P. to both of them.

Sorry to disagree once again but speed doesn't kill, however rapid deceleration does. I agree that there is a time and a place to open a fast car up, where its safe to do so and without endangering anyone else. Everyone makes mistakes and sadly this one cost 2 lives. RIP (Ryan Dunn of Jackass fame was also killed in a porsche which left the road at high speed)

Ryann Dunn was drunk when he crashed at high speed and as a result I have zero sympathy towards him

Sorry to disagree chaps, it is NOT speed that kills, just bad driving. Leave a gun in a gun rack, be it loaded or unloaded, it will NEVER kill anyone. It is only when picked up it becomes dangerous !!

Speed plays a very important part in the killing part though ;)

Reports seem to suggest he was a nice guy. What astounds me is that as a member of a racing team (both of them) they had access to areas where they could drive at whatever speeds they wanted, so why then drive like a lunatic on a 45mph section of public road?? The only good from this accident is that they didnt kill some innocent driver or pedestrian! I wont lose any sleep over this one.

Edited by m3vert

Sorry to disagree chaps, it is NOT speed that kills, just bad driving. Leave a gun in a gun rack, be it loaded or unloaded, it will NEVER kill anyone. It is only when picked up it becomes dangerous !!

Never heard such a stupid statement !!!

So if they where doing 20 mph they would be dead,,, don't think so...

Speed has caused this accident not bad driving.

If the car was been driven at a appropriate speed for the conditions , no doubt they would still be here..

At the end of the day we have seen the pics.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/latest-news/paul-walker-dead-shocking-pictures-2871422

If that wasn't caused by going too fast I'll chow my pit cap.

If he had clipped the kerb at 40 I'm afraid that wouldn't happen.

So as for the comment (not caused by speed)

Your wrong sir :)

Edited by delburt0

Leaving a loaded gun in a rack is very dangerous! It might not become dangerous till it is picked up but the act itself would be very dangerous indeed.

Speed does kill as we can see from this article, someone who knows how to drive a fast car has stacked it and killed two of them. Even Formula 1 drivers crash occasionally and they're pretty much the best you can get. Thanks god they didn't kill an innocent bystander.

Edited by Nikk

Lets not turn this into an arguement eh?

:shaun:

Understood.

Only a few weeks ago my Wife's Aunt was killed by two morons who were racing along a road. She was a lovely elderly woman driving home in the evening after playing bridge.

It's one thing to go a few MPH over the limit on an A road etc but quite another to be going like a bat out of hell.

The guys who crashed that Porsche in the article must have been doing a ridiculous speed to have caused that kind of damage and an explosion and to be honest I have no sympathy what so ever. They could have easily killed people.

This isn't the time or place for and argument about speed, but a number of you seem to want a debate...as an earlier post, #28, pointed out, speed seldom killed anyone, it is the rapid deceleration that tends to cause the problems.

Edited by Dekers

Here's the facts

• Speed is one of the main factors in fatal road accidents
  • In 2011, 3,267 people were killed or seriously injured in crashes where speed was a factor
  • The risk of death is approximately four times higher when a pedestrian is hit at 40mph than at 30mph

I don't think anyone is talking about being a few mph over the limit. It is utterly reckless to drive at high speeds on a street regardless of what experience the drivers have. If these two 'racing drivers' can get it wrong anyone can.

Maybe some of you guys would change your mind if you've lost relatives to imbeciles like these two.

Edited by Nikk

I've done 160 mph on a motorbike but somehow survived this very excessive speed. As said, it's not the speed that kills you.

It is not "speed" specifically that kills people but it is a contributing factor in most road accidents. In your case at 160mph you are statistically more likely to have a serious accident. You would travel further in the same time you would normally take to react, would impact an object at a higher closing speed and make it more difficult for another human to react and avoid you.

You lived to tell the tale, speed alone doesn't kill but speeding raises the chances of you having an accident. How is this simple concept of increased risk so difficult for people to grasp?!