Storm Surge!!

Penelope

Both the EA and Met Office are giving out warnings for a storm surge down the East Coast from Northumberland to Essex and Kent.

Expectations are for potentially the worst coastal flooding for 30 years with this afternoon's tide.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/weather-alert-95mph-winds-tidal-surges-221212087.html

If anyone is going out, keep an eye on the tide and eye on your watch.

Good conditions today for those that can get out though.

Be safe.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be good, very good.

And yes, stuck in a warm office because I have to be :sad1: .

It would be interesting to see what height and times it makes.

We are off later along the river Roach......so I guess the rest of the sensible folk will be in your offices nice and warm....

TEH

Going to the marsh after dinner. Don't think I will be out on the edge of the green marsh but the tide is later in the evening here. Tomorrow morning is a big one so will be there again but will be keeping a very careful eye on the creeks and watch. About time we had some good weather.

Going to the marsh after dinner. Don't think I will be out on the edge of the green marsh but the tide is later in the evening here. Tomorrow morning is a big one so will be there again but will be keeping a very careful eye on the creeks and watch. About time we had some good weather.

lucky ******. i will be stuck at work till the weekend.

Stay safe.

I have received a recorded flood warning message this morning from the EA living as near to the wash as I do, so guess this evenings tide could be making a fair bit.

Shame I am working tonight as would like to be down to see it .

Hopefully the Mrs will have the sand bags filled in time.

Suggestions of nearly 2m on top of normal heights in some reports, but who knows with these things.

Nobody knows and nobody can predict that's just the point, wait for it to become more predictable you really can have too much of a good thing anyway. What I really like is all the more inland bits of the saltmarsh will get fresh flood and if the predicted freeze happens its going to give them fewer options inland on the fresh water.

2mtr? quite possibly from were I am and that means well early with a real angry turn and rush in.

had two days off work mon/tue this week wildfowling on the wash no wind no geese wish i would have had today off and friday oh well stuck at work now till the 20th dec

I was out this morning on the marsh. Despite the strong wind, the few pinks I did see were well up.