red diesel

islandgun

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once you run white through the filter the ed disappears so if you fill up with red because you are going to run out and a farmers sells you some and you run it out and fill up with white the trace of red will disappear once the white has gone through the filter it will remove any trace

But if were to get caught using it then you would be in deep sxxxxt

Edited by mark@mbb

Its not the colouring of the dye you should be worried about its the analysed partcles that the particle detector icks up,Our company vehicles are regularly stopped by VOSA

they can tank test and take a sample

or they can place a particle analyzer up the exhaust pipe to detect misuse of fuel.

step1 remove old filter contaminated with the dye

step2 Use garage or forecourt bought fuel

step3 If caught only once you will be fined,if caught again the vehicle is impounded and you will get a bigger fine 3rd time you dont want to know...

Its not the colouring of the dye you should be worried about its the analysed partcles that the particle detector icks up,Our company vehicles are regularly stopped by VOSA

they can tank test and take a sample

or they can place a particle analyzer up the exhaust pipe to detect misuse of fuel.

step1 remove old filter contaminated with the dye

step2 Use garage or forecourt bought fuel

step3 If caught only once you will be fined,if caught again the vehicle is impounded and you will get a bigger fine 3rd time you dont want to know...

Thanks for that. Do you know if these tests/anal izers are available to general police cars

Don't worry about it used to run a old rover on red all the time couldn't get any for a couple of weeks so used white got pulled and they took a sample from my tank didn't find anything wrong most of its myth no staining no trace and a large amount of pumped diesel cam be bleached red but I would not condone using it

I own a garage and we have done services in the last 12-18 months on more than a dozen cars ALL of which were running on red diesel i.e. fuel filters full of red diesel and they are not all old bangers either some worth more than 20k

its not my problem so i just keep stum, quite a few of our polish friends run on red for sure

Edited by shawn9914

many years ago while still farming we had a pickup which was only used to carry hay provin etc up the farm track so we ran it on red. had a visit from customs they went round a few farms locally. when they asked what we ran pickup on told them red "you can't do that" long story short I had to show out of date insurance tax and test to prove it wasn't road legal.

Basically if its been road registered it must run on white whether its road legal or not.

The chemical markers in red diesel is what catches people out not the dye. If you think a motor has been ran on red you need to get the fuel system flushed. If you had recently bought the car & had the receipt it shouldn't be a problem. I heard a haulage company dye their own diesel a different colour to stop it being stolen by staff, it was suggested before that this would be a way of hiding the red but again, its the markers in the diesel that are detected when a tank is dipped

Passing red through fullers earth ( cat litter type stuff) removes the dye , central heating oil ................................. :-)

the :whistling: "Travelling community" use this trick when they have stolen a bowser full off construction sites to sell on , obviously if its for there own use they don't give a *********