Plumber Help - Self Cutting Taps

Tam

Looking to fit an outside Tap & bought a kit at B&Q - this works with a self cutting tap water feed. You tighten the clamp round the pipe, screw in the valve & it self cuts in to the feed pipe, attach hose to outside tap, open valve & good to go -

http://www.diy.com/nav/fix/plumbing-central-heating/pipes-plumbing-fixings/tap_fittings/-specificproducttype-taps/PlumbSure-Garden-Tap-Kit-11478138?skuId=11988845

1) Are there any problems known with these ???

2) Are they OK to use on copper pipe ???

3) Will the small disc cut out the pipe cause any problems (now it's in the water system) ???

Far better off cutting the feed pipe and fitting a tee piece in (compression type). If you feel competent enough to fit one of those B&Q kits then you will be competent enough to fit a couple of compression joints and some proper copper pipe. You will end up with a much better flow rate from the tap.

Cheers

Tom

Tam go to your local plumbers shop by some push fit plastic fitting no solder all push fit you can get a hose union bib tap with a long copper back which will fit straight into a push fit tee if you send me some pictures i will tell you what you need years ago there was a fitting called a T plus this was a revolution 20 years ago but they have all gone now due to health and safety

Tam go to your local plumbers shop by some push fit plastic fitting no solder all push fit you can get a hose union bib tap with a long copper back which will fit straight into a push fit tee if you send me some pictures i will tell you what you need years ago there was a fitting called a T plus this was a revolution 20 years ago but they have all gone now due to health and safety

Looks like you can still buy them( Plumb Centre £47!!!)

Cheers

Tom

How old is your house??

And you have 15mm copper coming in through the ground?? :/

Mine is all 22mm with "GAS" sticky tape around it every couple of feet-we don't have anything but 15mm pipe for water-even comes out of the ground as 15mm-I assumed they were different sizes to prevent confusion but I'm obviously wrong :yes: