Semi Auto Club

Malik

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I guess id better join, I currently have two beretta A303, first is a 30" sporter and the second a deluxe field with a B80 barrel, invector choked, the B80 was made by beretta and mine has PB made in Italy stamped on it, I love this gun 27" with teague 3/8 great looking wood and in near mint condition, the field has a lovely low comb which suits me well also the grip is vastly better than the shape of the sporter which is like a square horrid thing, if anyone has a field stock please do let me know.

Autos I've known and loved (and sold lol)

Remi 1187 premier

Gold mallard

Urika

303 sporter

Gold mallard

Hatsan

Browning auto 5 1954

Maxus I'm glad I sold that one

Autos going to buy

Gold mallard just love the look of them although never shot that well with one, I'm going to persevere when I find a nice one. May get another 303 for the rough as want to keep my deluxe as it is, any one got one for sale?

Any other 303 users not like the sporter model grip?

Edited as forgot a couple lol

Edited by sishyplops

Guest rimotu66

Should semi auto and pump club be restricted to guns older than 10 yrs old?

Just a thought !

Well if you are going to be like that just start a new thread for people that can't afford a new modern Semi auto :whistling:

I was bitten by the semi auto bug a few years back when I was shooting with Denny Essex and tried his a few times; I loved the feel and swing of the semi.

I got myself a Benelli 121 which I used for 3 years, and still have it sitting in my cabinet. Great gun and other than the odd jam because I didn't clean it, the gun was faultless.

Last year I done loads of reading and asking questions here on the forum and narrowed my choice down to a Maxus, SX3, Remington 1100 Sporter and the A400 Extreme. All four guns had great reviews so it was just down to preference, fit and aesthetics. I went to the shooting show where I got to feel them all, and my mind was quickly made up.

I treated myself to a new Beretta A400 Extreme in synthetic and absolutely love it. My only criticism is that for such an expensive gun it just comes with three chokes, so I need to get myself either a 1/4 or 3/8 to complete the set.

Edited by Cosd

Guest cookoff013

I was bitten by the semi auto bug a few years back when I was shooting with Denny Essex and tried his a few times; I loved the feel and swing of the semi.

I got myself a Benelli 121 which I used for 3 years, and still have it sitting in my cabinet. Great gun and other than the odd jam because I didn't clean it, the gun was faultless.

Last year I done loads of reading and asking questions here on the forum and narrowed my choice down to a Maxus, SX3, Remington 1100 Sporter and the A400 Extreme. All four guns had great reviews so it was just down to preference, fit and aesthetics. I went to the shooting show where I got to feel them all, and my mind was quickly made up.

I treated myself to a new Beretta A400 Extreme in synthetic and absolutely love it. My only criticism is that for such an expensive gun it just comes with three chokes, so I need to get myself either a 1/4 of 3/8 to complete the set.

this is getting more and more common.

as for getting the "whole set" there are some chokes available that are not standard restrictions...

namely,

skeet, skeet2, 3/8,5/8, 7/8, extra - full, etc...

dont get too hung up on chokes, all have there intended uses however at the extreme ends of the spectrum, may produce acceptable results.

this is getting more and more common.

as for getting the "whole set" there are some chokes available that are not standard restrictions...

namely,

skeet, skeet2, 3/8,5/8, 7/8, extra - full, etc...

dont get too hung up on chokes, all have there intended uses however at the extreme ends of the spectrum, may produce acceptable results.

I know there are loads of variations, it was just sod's law that it doesn't come with 1/4 which is my preferred size for pigeon decoying.

Edited by Cosd

Guest cookoff013

I know there are loads of variations, it was just sod's law that it doesn't come with 1/4 which is my preferred size for pigeon decoying.

1/2 is as good as 1/4 in the "grand scheme of things." i know its a confidence type thing. but i tend to use 1/1 or full, in both barrels, or my minimum lead choke is 3/4.

for steel however i`ve been using cyl and 1/4 (max)

i used to shoot 1/4, but eventually worked up to full.

1/4 works well on the deeks.

I have two semi auto. A browming gold 12 bore with a 3.5" chamber and a Browing double auto. The browing gold can do everything, clays, pigeons, wildfowling. I rarely shoot 3.5" shells unless coaxing an unwary friend to undertake the "man test" that is a 64g turkey shell!

I like the idea of an original Auto 5 or a B2000, especially in 20 bore.

I have an unusual one. A Turkish Stoeger m2000 2+1 multichoke.

It needed a couple of minutes with a flat needle file to fine tune it but it's still going strong after 7 or 8 years and thousands of rounds. It has a Benelli licensed inertia action which is simplicity itself with low recoil and is easy to clean and lubricate.

I'm swithering of part exchanging my Remi 1187 Premier 28" barrel multichoke for a Browning A1 and I read this thread, thanks folks ! Now more doubt ! Now may part exchange my Macnab Highlander over and under 20 bore instead. Wanted a 20 for game shooting in company but Hell if folk don't like a semi auto in their company then I will shoot alone ! ;-)