bast cartridge for sporting clay shooting

Ones that get fired out of a gun !

Seriously though, 12 bore, 20 bore, .410 ? The more info, the better

Size 7.5 or 8 shot, in a 12 bore use a 21, 24 or 28 gram, deepending on your gun, your size, how much you are used to shooting for shoulder ache, etc

Any that are cheap, available local and you like shooting. I've tried just about every make I can get hold of, some I like a lot others I hate and some are ok. I pick one thats cheap to mid price I'm happy with that I can get easily,that way I get used to it and shoot better. Another consideration for me is a fiber wad version of the same type for the comps that stipulate fiber.

Figgy

In my experience they are the ones that tick the most boxes(excuse pun), IE those that suit your gun and chosen discipline,are within your budget and are readily available.

It also helps if your mates hate them as they wont nick 'em :good:

On a serious note it's something that you'll have to find out by trial and error, but it's a lot of fun getting there, and when you do you'll start to build that priceless ingredient called CONFIDENCE.

Good luck

Regards remmyman

Hull sovereigns , express super comp ,World Cup

Find me some one who has won a major comp with comp X or kent velocity or any other cheap cartridge

Deershooter

These may well be superior shells. However, I would be inclined to stick to cheaper shells until a sufficient standard of shooting is reached to require these 'superior' cartridges.

Yes agree with remmyman.

Assuming we are talking 12 ga, pretty well all 24/28g carts 7.5 or 8s will break sporting targets.

However what suits you and/or your gun can only be determined with experience.

Confidence that a shell is doing the job for you is vital. A perfectly adequate shell will not break clays if you do not 'believe' it will.

Guest cookoff013

i`m fond of RC2s at the moment when i`m not using homeloads.

24g#9 plaswads.

i`m not a big fan of english sporters, lylevale do seem to change the shells components or formulations alot.

i used E-sporters over a few years. randomly now and again. and the last ones were very different from the early ones.

"best" is incredibly subjective!

My "best" cartridges are cheap, because it allows me to enjoy my hobby/sport as much as possible!

Expensive premium cartridges that would force me to shoot half the amount I do now, wouldn't be my personal "best" option because of this.

Therefore, cheapest cartridge that don't kick like a mule = "best" cartridge in my book!

Of course everyone has their own opinions.