Any Rugby Fans:6 Nations

Aled

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on all together lads.

Swing low sweet chariot.

The banter is well under way now, can't wait for the match analysis to start.

For me a great start to the year, the Rugby and the Winter Olympics.

Best break out the ear plugs as my wife is Rugby mental.

Figgy

Ireland have a new coach, a raft of young guns, BOD and Paulie. If they could only carry theirprovincial Heineken Cup form to the national team they could be a force to be reckoned with.

England are bringing on a plethora of young talent. The Welsh are a class act with immense pride. The Scots play with huge passion and pride. The Italians are physical and can beat the best on their day.

And can you ever write off the French?

Can't wait! Come on Ireland!

Ireland have a new coach, a raft of young guns, BOD and Paulie. If they could only carry theirprovincial Heineken Cup form to the national team they could be a force to be reckoned with.

England are bringing on a plethora of young talent. The Welsh are a class act with immense pride. The Scots play with huge passion and pride. The Italians are physical and can beat the best on their day.

And can you ever write off the French?

Can't wait! Come on Ireland!

"Certainly food for thought!"

Hello All
Well here we are days away and time to fess up:
What i think will happen:
England will have learnt from last years mistakes and will win the Grand Slam.
Ireland, Wales, & France will win three each, who finishes where will depend on points difference.
Scotand will get a good result against Irealnd, Wales or France
Italy will finish bottom.

Here's what i hope will happen:
Wales will win a Grand Slam playing sophisticated and stylish rugby.
Scotalnd will be a strong force to reckoned with.
BOD will score a couple of his superb solo tries.
France will remind us all of how well they can play rugby with some champagne rugby.
England: Stuart Lancaster will show us how well he can coach, he is the only home grown coach in the Lions countres.
Finally, and this is a big one: Italy after beating Ireland last year, you have one scalp left to get and you have been close twice. I would like to see Italy beat England. For the 6 Nations tournament it would be a good result!
OK everybody gets a mention. Discuss!
Cheers
Aled

Hello All

Well here we are days away and time to fess up:

What i think will happen:

England will have learnt from last years mistakes and will win the Grand Slam.

Ireland, Wales, & France will win three each, who finishes where will depend on points difference.

Scotand will get a good result against Irealnd, Wales or France

Italy will finish bottom.

Here's what i hope will happen:

Wales will win a Grand Slam playing sophisticated and stylish rugby.

Scotalnd will be a strong force to reckoned with.

BOD will score a couple of his superb solo tries.

France will remind us all of how well they can play rugby with some champagne rugby.

England: Stuart Lancaster will show us how well he can coach, he is the only home grown coach in the Lions countres.

Finally, and this is a big one: Italy after beating Ireland last year, you have one scalp left to get and you have been close twice. I would like to see Italy beat England. For the 6 Nations tournament it would be a good result!

OK everybody gets a mention. Discuss!

Cheers

Aled

Well anyone can only predict, initially, prior to the start of the championship.... there are some really wonderful players that can not on the day perform or be fit for selection ... being English would l like to see for example George North sitting out the championship .. "NO" ... he's all the trouble England doesn't need .. but as a rugby fan, l love watching talent, and l dont want to miss out on seeing good rugby at the cost of my chosen team winning .. l was born in Cheshire, England, thats not to say l support England, or dont!

England, Wales, Ireland or France could all pull it off, though I will be surprised to see a Grand Slam this year. The first weekend should give a few indicators of how things will go. Given my usual accuracy when predicting results, expect Italy with a Grand Slam! :D

I am no expert and as others have said, enjoy watching fast-flowing good rugby whoever is playing it (as long as they dont win against England- so almost no bias).

I admire Ireland but they seem to fade after the first 3 matches, no matter if they win or lose (some exceptions).

Englands confidence is fragile but they could win the GS.

France have always been dangerous and, at their best will beat anyone on a good day (do they play strictly by the rules though?).

Scotland have the passion but their follow through isnt good enough to leave them other than middle/low order - sorry.

Wales are good, no doubt, but some of their tactics (intimidatory) against (particularly) England have, at times, left me a bit speechless TBH.

So my inexpert prediction England to win the grand slam or fail by one game, which is more likely to be against Ireland or France, wales second, Ireland or France3 rd, the other one fourth and Scotland looking like the England Cricket team.

Since its more about the sport than the winner - good luck to all the teams and to the respective team supporters - I hope we dont win by too much !! :lol::lol: