Amanda Knox

turbo33

This whole case looks "well monkey" as we say in Essex.

The parameters are - 3 people in the frame and 1 dead body. There is no shooter on the grassy knoll and no SAS involvement in a tunnel.

Knox comes from enormous wealth. The family have a full time PR agency on this. The acquittal came from nowhere and appears to be polictically motivated.

As interesting as this may appear - they will never get her back into Italy.

Indeed, but she will never be able to leave the United States either. Hopefully them refusing to extradite (assuming they do), will re-ignite the debate on our lob-sided extradition treaty with the United States. We seem to send people over there for all sorts of trivial matters for crimes which were never even committed there.

Remember - she has been convicted of killing a British subject.

If the italian police are as clued up as the portugese, it could have been signor burlusconni who did it.

There is an awful lot hidden in this to me - little evidence has reached the outside air. didnt you feel even a bit bemused by the 'allocation of costs' before the verdict?

For all we rant at our police in this country, they have significantly more credoibility than almost any other police force worldwide.

This whole case looks "well monkey" as we say in Essex.

The parameters are - 3 people in the frame and 1 dead body. There is no shooter on the grassy knoll and no SAS involvement in a tunnel.

Knox comes from enormous wealth. The family have a full time PR agency on this. The acquittal came from nowhere and appears to be polictically motivated.

is she related to Berlusconi? certainly as slipperey

KW

Exactly as has been said, she would never have been convicted in the UK based on the evidence. However, this is an unsafe conviction I'm personally prepared to accept because I believe her to be guilty.

The most significant points for me are that she called police reporting a robbery at the house. The robbery was found to be staged. A red flag if you ask me.

Then during questioning she implicated her boss (a local bar owner) and made up a story that she took him back to the flat, that he had sex with Meredith and then she covered her ears as he killed her. The bar owner had a water tight alibi. What possible motivation would an innocent person have to make up a lie like this? Second red flag.

Then, her actions on camera around the murder scene and eye witness accounts of her actions at the police station and hospital. It's common knowledge that the police often place people they are interested in before the cameras (press conferences, TV appeals etc) in order to pile on the pressure and monitor behaviour. In this case the stage was not orchestrated but her behaviour does not seen normal to me. Another red flag.

Lastly, I look into her eyes and get a shiver up my spine. She has got a nasty look about her. To quote Robert Shaw in Jaws... "Lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eyes".

I considered the case and the account of it very closely when it came to court the first time....

I cannot see how she cannot be implicated.

Even if she is innocent she certainly knows more than she has disclosed to date.

Personally I think she is culpable....and the British Government should be doing more in support of Meredith Karcher and her Family.

After all they have wasted millions already on the Madeleine McCann enquiry and there isn't even any tangible evidence that a crime has been committed.

I would hope the Yanks would hand her over pending the Appeal otherwise any constitutional agreements they make with other nations including extradition, are shallow and worthless. ( bit like the yanks really :lol: )

I suppose the next step is the Italian Ambassador withdrawing from Washington.

There is a big Italian presence in America with some very influential families still involved in Regional constitution so it will be very interesting to watch what unfolds.

I considered the case and the account of it very closely when it came to court the first time....

I cannot see how she cannot be implicated.

Even if she is innocent she certainly knows more than she has disclosed to date.

Personally I think she is culpable....and the British Government should be doing more in support of Meredith Karcher and her Family.

After all they have wasted millions already on the Madeleine McCann enquiry and there isn't even any tangible evidence that a crime has been committed.

I would hope the Yanks would hand her over pending the Appeal otherwise any constitutional agreements they make with other nations including extradition, are shallow and worthless. ( bit like the yanks really :lol: )

I suppose the next step is the Italian Ambassador withdrawing from Washington.

There is a big Italian presence in America with some very influential families still involved in Regional constitution so it will be very interesting to watch what unfolds.

I'm not sure if you intended that statement to read the way it does. Regardless of how much money has been spent trying to resolve that poor childs disappearance or trying to evaluate what has happened, the cost is irrelevant IMO.

Edited by Agent Orange

Foxy knoxy is as guilty as charlie in a hen house , thats my opinion

I'm leaning that way - interesting that she has changed her image from that of 'sex kitten' to drab, unattractive innocent. Must be her publicists doing - she can afford it.

I tend to agree. If I could just probe her for an hour or two I'm sure I could confirm my suspicions. :rolleyes:

Well you wouldn't be the first.

Have to agree there's more to it than the media report . But I must admit I'd rather be tried here than anywhere else in the world.

The convictions wouldn't stand up in a Brit or Yankee court. The itie police cocked up the investigation, the forensics cocked up the dna evidence (collection and testing) and the most probable killer, who got 30 years initially, changed his story to implicate Knox and the boyfriend and had his sentence cut to 16 years three days after their convictions. He'll be eligible for release from 2014.

I'm not sure which is worse , trial by media or trial by PW?

close call

Well her ex tried to run so that's good enough for me.....isnt it..?...... :no:

he's a dumb ******* should have bailed before they took his passport, id have been long gone as soon as i was informed there would be a third trial, you can tell amanda was the smarter of the two :lol: , is being tried 3 times for the same crime some sort of record maybe

Edited by overandunder2012

There was a lot made of her not being able to leave USA in future but given 70% of yanks don't have a passport and 80% have never travelled abroad this spent amount to much.

Having followed the original case and some of the follow-up I would not want to face trial in Italy. Especially if you are poor!

The number of Americans with passports has increased greatly. Before 9/11 you could travel to Canada or Mexico and just show ID - but no more.

I'm going to place a long bet that her ex-boyfriend spills the beans in return or a lower sentence.