Nice collection.......8 years and 5 years for illegal possession.

Sprackles

Big pile of 9mm garden gun cartridges there they must be ancient, I inherited a 9mm from an uncle and he talked about pre war cartridges being in chequered cases. As LG says there is always a Gat air pistol in those hauls. Some of the weapons look as if they could be as dangerous to the firer as the target, the sawn off shot gun excepted that looks lethal.

Blackpowder

Slightly concerning that they say a haul of 16 firearms when 6 of them look like flintlock or percussion pistols plus the gat. Or is just a Daily Mail error.

Not defending them at all just that I've got a collection of flintlock and percussion pistols which includes a percussion duelling pistol which they mention specifically in the article.

Looks more like a raid of the parts-bin at the armoury of the British Museum.

If you look closely at the picture of the empty boxes, some of those look like they have come from a museum. One of the boxes is for blanks, and the other for a box of matches.

Edited by aris

Slightly concerning that they say a haul of 16 firearms when 6 of them look like flintlock or percussion pistols plus the gat. Or is just a Daily Mail error.

Not defending them at all just that I've got a collection of flintlock and percussion pistols which includes a percussion duelling pistol which they mention specifically in the article.

I expect that the mail just counted how many guns in the picture and deduced all are illegal.

Any and all incidents reported as 'firearms incidents' become simply that as far as I'm aware, regardless of the fact said firearms may be toys, replicas or the real thing.

If a member of the general public states they saw a man in the street brandishing a gun, which ultimately turns out to be a chair leg or a banana, it is reported, and subsequently logged, as a firearms incident.

All those guns handed in during firearms amnesties are counted as firearms, whether real or not. If a particular constabulary, say Cumbria for example, receives 233 imitation firearms during an amnesty those 233 imitations are classified as firearms; there is no itemising and categorising of different types of firearms,real or otherwise. They are all firearms, and compiled in statistics as such.

Big pile of 9mm garden gun cartridges there they must be ancient, I inherited a 9mm from an uncle and he talked about pre war cartridges being in chequered cases. As LG says there is always a Gat air pistol in those hauls. Some of the weapons look as if they could be as dangerous to the firer as the target, the sawn off shot gun excepted that looks lethal.

Blackpowder

I had some of those checkered shells .... thought I'd fire them to destroy them ....most would not fire!!!!