Can't pay we will take it away tonight

955i

Unbelievable, they went to serve a high court writ on a bloke who said it was his brother they were looking for and even when they had an email telling them that this was true, they still served the writ on the guy because 'your name is on here and its from the high court'

Another one it was obvious that the couple needed help for mental issues but no, out you go.

These people have no morals and while the guy eventually got his taxi back and some compensation, it still disrupted his and his families life while it was being sorted.

Now lets see the usual suspects come and defend their vulture profession.

I love the 'we try to help as much as we can' statement, no you don't, you like seeing people in misery otherwise why on earth would you do such a vile job?

I know some deserve the treatment, but going by a piece of paper regardless of the peoples situation is just the moves of government sheep.

And take a deep breath :)

EDIT: In the favour of one of the blokes he obviously doesn't enjoy his job as you don't get a face that red unless you need a few shots to sleep at night.

Edited by 955i

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unbelievable, they went to serve a high court writ on a bloke who said it was his brother they were looking for and even when they had an email telling them that this was true, they still served the writ on the guy because 'your name is on here and its from the high court' Another one it was obvious that the couple needed help for mental issues but no, out you go. These people have no morals and while the guy eventually got his taxi back and some compensation, it still disrupted his and his families life while it was being sorted. Now lets see the usual suspects come and defend their vulture profession. I love the 'we try to help as much as we can' statement, no you don't, you like seeing people in misery otherwise why on earth would you do such a vile job? I know some deserve the treatment, but going by a piece of paper regardless of the peoples situation is just the moves of government sheep. And take a deep breath :) EDIT: In the favour of one of the blokes he obviously doesn't enjoy his job as you don't get a face that red unless you need a few shots to sleep at night.

Ok I will bite,

The bloke with the car that was obviously not the person they were after,they recognised that it was wrong and gave him time to go to the courts and have the writ suspended and then cancelled,that is why they walked away and told him he needed to sort it out at the court,but this bloke chose to do nothing,despite being told that if he did nothing they would come back and remove the goods they had seized.

The writ they are executing is not a request by the court it is a command,all writs state,

"You are now commanded to seize in execution the goods and chattels of the above named person"

It has the name of that person on the writ,for them not to execute is to go against the wishes of the court.

So they gave him the chance to sort it out, two forms in the court was all he had to fill out ,but he did nothing,and they them had no choice but to carry out the command.

The people in the flat,again a command that they are obliged to execute,they realised the people had health issues straight away and urged the landlord and his solicitor to contact the local authority who would have listened to the solicitor and dragged their feet for as long as possible to get the local authority to do something.

It is strange how two people you perceive as having no morals were the ones to recognise the people needed help and tried to shame a solicitor and landlord into doing something,even more pathetic is the landlord stated he had been in the flat the other month ,and had dealt with the people in the past yet did not recognise they had problems.

The HCEO's may be in your words people with no morals but they gave these people a glimmer of hope with the local authority when everyone else wanted rid.

HCEO's have a difficult and thankless task but we do it professionally and you would be shocked at some of the people we come across neglected by society and it is us that instigate social services.

My vile job has two sides,one where you are confronted by me and I probably take your goods for a debt you owe,the other side is the person who has been chasing their money for years and I return it,karma cancelling itself out.

Ask the pregnant woman who bought a car off a dealer while her husband was in afghan which turned out to be a death trap was she happy to get the £7000 back that we recovered,or the disabled person who was ripped off by a builder for £25000 and left with a half converted house for his wheelchair access that he couldn't get around in,was he happy when his money was recovered,judging by his letter to the office he was.

How do I sleep at night very well thank you.

Ok I will bite,

The bloke with the car that was obviously not the person they were after,they recognised that it was wrong and gave him time to go to the courts and have the writ suspended and then cancelled,that is why they walked away and told him he needed to sort it out at the court,but this bloke chose to do nothing,despite being told that if he did nothing they would come back and remove the goods they had seized.

The writ they are executing is not a request by the court it is a command,all writs state,

"You are now commanded to seize in execution the goods and chattels of the above named person"

It has the name of that person on the writ,for them not to execute is to go against the wishes of the court.

So they gave him the chance to sort it out, two forms in the court was all he had to fill out ,but he did nothing,and they them had no choice but to carry out the command.

The people in the flat,again a command that they are obliged to execute,they realised the people had health issues straight away and urged the landlord and his solicitor to contact the local authority who would have listened to the solicitor and dragged their feet for as long as possible to get the local authority to do something.

It is strange how two people you perceive as having no morals were the ones to recognise the people needed help and tried to shame a solicitor and landlord into doing something,even more pathetic is the landlord stated he had been in the flat the other month ,and had dealt with the people in the past yet did not recognise they had problems.

The HCEO's may be in your words people with no morals but they gave these people a glimmer of hope with the local authority when everyone else wanted rid.

HCEO's have a difficult and thankless task but we do it professionally and you would be shocked at some of the people we come across neglected by society and it is us that instigate social services.

My vile job has two sides,one where you are confronted by me and I probably take your goods for a debt you owe,the other side is the person who has been chasing their money for years and I return it,karma cancelling itself out.

Ask the pregnant woman who bought a car off a dealer while her husband was in afghan which turned out to be a death trap was she happy to get the £7000 back that we recovered,or the disabled person who was ripped off by a builder for £25000 and left with a half converted house for his wheelchair access that he couldn't get around in,was he happy when his money was recovered,judging by his letter to the office he was.

How do I sleep at night very well thank you.

Sorry, but as soon as the email was received stating it wasn't him, before the writ was served, should have ground it to a halt, but no, it is up to him to prove it at his own cost even though they know they ****ed up.

Duhhhh.swot the paper says sir Duhhhhh.

Job description: Must not be able to think, we will do that for you.

Bite that :)

Sorry, but as soon as the email was received stating it wasn't him, before the writ was served, should have ground it to a halt, but no, it is up to him to prove it at his own cost even though they know they ****** up.

Duhhhh.swot the paper says sir Duhhhhh.

Job description: Must not be able to think, we will do that for you.

Bite that :)

Think what you want,the hceo did not obtain the writ and they have no power to stop it.only a judge or the claimant can stop it,as for the enail wh knows what it said,but if it was from fhe claimant it was not telling the hceo that they were withdrawing the writ otherwise they would not have gone back,and when they did go back they would have sought indemnification from the claimant to remove the goods,so the claimant is always aware of what is going on.

I know you do not like people like me but you should read up on how a writ is obtained,and also how it is stopped,both of these are nothing to do with a hceo,and he has no power to withdraw a writ.

Edited by welsh1

Tuff one... The people that do these jobs are basically criminals and it does take a special kind of ************ to do this for a living. But on the same token if you buy some thing you have to pay for it and there has to be some kind of enforcement or we the honest hard workers will end up paying like we do for most things.

Well I for one think it is a service that is necessary. When you are doing an honest job and you come across someone who is a professional payment avoider this is necessary to sort the problem out.

Most people who have a County Court judgement against them would pay up, but there are those who think that is the end of the affair and still do nothing. They know that any other legal remedy is time consuming and most ordinary people will not throw more good money after bad. This way seems to be a much more effective collection method. Why don't people just pay when it is due.

Tuff one... The people that do these jobs are basically criminals and it does take a special kind of ******** to do this for a living. But on the same token if you buy some thing you have to pay for it and there has to be some kind of enforcement or we the honest hard workers will end up paying like we do for most things.

Well thank you for that sweeping generalisation,I suppose you had better tell all the judges that granted most of us out certificates that they got it wrong and also the check that was done to see if any of us had criminal convictions is also wrong,the fact is that if you are a criminal you cannot do what I do .oh and could you let my FEO know that you have discovered a load of criminals with guns, you would be helping him no end,as quite a lot of us like to shoot..

As for your ******** statement,did I become one before I was a HCEO for the last 18 years,or have I always been one,I would be very interested to know.

I would also be interested to know what you do for a living so that I can make a disparaging and sweeping statement about you and all the people that do your job. :)

At least we agree about one thing ,and that is enforcement is needed other wise no one would pay outstanding debts.

If I understand right, a High Court Writ has usually been through a long process through the County Court before it ends up in the High Court so the defendants do have plenty of time to sort things out.

As for the the couple with mental health issues, the Landlord was still pursuing them for £25,000 to recover the costs. If he thinks he'd be able to recover anything then he's round the twist.

It's not a job I would do but I can see it from both sides. In a previous episode a family were evicted for non-payment of rent. When the Sheriff's got inside they found a 60" plasma TV in every room.

For those of the "won't pay" persuasion, they probably get a bit of a shock because they have already been visited by a Bailiff who can't break in and think they've got away with it. When a Sheriff turns up, who can break in, their attitude seems to change quite quickly.

i always find it strange how the do gooders will defend a low life debt dodger but get the knife into a, honest , hard working , guy that is just trying to get back monies that are owed to his client .

the answer to this one is oh so very simple , if you dont want to come into contact with debt collectors,baliffs , etc , PAY YOUR DAMNED BILLS THAT YOU AGREED TO PAY IN THE FIRST PLACE !.

i always find it strange how the do gooders will defend a low life debt dodger but get the knife into a, honest , hard working , guy that is just trying to get back monies that are owed to his client .

the answer to this one is oh so very simple , if you dont want to come into contact with debt collectors,baliffs , etc , PAY YOUR DAMNED BILLS THAT YOU AGREED TO PAY IN THE FIRST PLACE !.

+1

the answer to this one is oh so very simple , if you dont want to come into contact with debt collectors,baliffs , etc , PAY YOUR DAMNED BILLS THAT YOU AGREED TO PAY IN THE FIRST PLACE+=

+2

I saw it last night but missed the cab driver bit whilst picking the eldest up from scouts. However, as has been said, if you get a Claim Form and ignore the paperwork and the instructions, what then happens is 100% predictable. If it's not your debt you write that on the Defence (as so instructed on the Court paperwork).

1. The 2 loons that knocked the landlord for £10k and trashed the place for another £10k - tough. I think the sheriffs went above and beyond the call trying to help them. It's not fair and it's a worry what to do with some people who are 'care in the community' but can't cope, however, you can't right every wrong and there is a system in place for better or for worse. My sympathy is with the old dears who had to get their son involved to invoke court proceedings for a debt due to them and to get their place back. To be clear, they knew the rental debt due to them was a right off with no chance of recovery - they took action to obtain possession of their property by evicting the current non paying occupants (who had also properly trashed it).

2. The single foreign mother with her son in a 3 bed semi at £1500 a month rent. I mean really. She couldn't speak English but was getting benefits. However those benefits didn't find their way from her pocket to the landlord. She had also run up debts all over town, had the ubiquitous iPhone and flat screen. Despite being out of work she was out all day. Indeed, the give away was when they phoned her and following 10 minutes of playing dumb on the phone she said "I haven't received the notice of a appointment". So, she'd either been down that road before or had (received the very particular and specific Court notice entitled "notice of appointment")

Edited by Mungler

+3

KFC & Mungler have it spot on too

Edited by Paul223

+4

Anyone with something negative to say about this profession or those that choose it should hope they never end up with a tenant that doesn't pay rent or a builder who walks out on a half finished job.

These are the guys who will be getting your money back when all other attempts have failed.

It shouldn't matter if the people have metal issues. They should be tossed out, why should a landlord be left with them to sort out. The local authority is at fault.

If I was owed money I'd want it back regardless and would be glad there are people doing this job.

Figgy

Tuff one... The people that do these jobs are basically criminals and it does take a special kind of **** **** to do this for a living. But on the same token if you buy some thing you have to pay for it and there has to be some kind of enforcement or we the honest hard workers will end up paying like we do for most things.

Are you being serious in your poorly considered post or are you just another troll?

I love this attitude and i'll explain why.....( sarcasm by the way)

6 months ago I had a pulmonary Embolism and during my stay in hospital it was found I have issues with my heart.

Work initially were good but when I was then signed as OK by my Doctor they refused to let me back and wanted a second opinion from the company Doctor

He concurred together with my consultant that I could return.

Company still saying no as they are now saying my job is not that physical anyway despite medical opinion to the contrary and they want me back full time now.

They are waiting on a full report from my consultant which they do not seem to be in any hurry to obtain but in the meantime have sent me a letter stopping all my pay.

I am not unemployed as I have a job nor am I sick as I am signed OK for light duties.

It seems I am a victim of a clampdown on sickness by the company despite my having a good record for 22 years and I am paying the price for others who have exhausted their sick pay and then gone straight back on reduced hours but full pay.

I now have the prospect of trying to survive for God knows how long on about £55 a week.

My only savings were to make up the shortfall in an endowment mortgage but they won't last much longer which brings me to the point where I will default on loans, credit cards and mortgage because I cannot pay....not won't.

If I lose my job who will employ someone in their fifties who has been laid off due to ill health.

So when I end up with CCJ's and bailiffs who come a knocking are you going to sit there smugly and say I should have paid my dues ?

I reckon I have 2 months left and then I am bankrupt technically.

I am sorry to hear of your problems and hope you get sorted .
Please communicate with your creditors and make arrangements with them that you can both live with,no one wants to take you to court,it is only when people do not communicate that court action happens.

Again I hope you get well soon.

Watched the show online - while sad, I don't think the bailiffs were at fault here. To me, in the eviction cases at least, i see the government at fault. Housing benefit should be paid directly to the landlord - not to the tenant.

I'm also wondering if the behaviour of the sheriffs in the show was somewhat different due to the cameras being around :whistling: