Range Rover Vogues

Biffo

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 2004 l322 td6 vogue. It's done 78000miles and has full service history. Owned it for 2 years and done 18000miles with no major problems. Had to have a bush done on wishbone as it developed a knocking over bumps and that's it (touch wood). It's been a good motor, dog and guns go in the boot no problem and still has plenty of space. It's not bad in snow and will cope fairly ruff ground considering it has 50 profile road tyres.

I drove to Brighton in it on Sunday and averaged 24mpg according to the computer.

I'm considering chopping it in for a vw amarok high line as the mrs needs a bigger car for her business and they are pretty good on juice.

There appears to be only one person that has replied, that has actually owned one, and that person hasn't slated it like everybody else seems to have.

I have a Discovery 3, and I've had it for 2 years. I've done nearly 40k in that time in it. Best car I've ever owned.Fabulous car. Every body seems to slate them too, but I've had no bad experiences at all.

I know 2 people that have owned Range Rovers of the approximate years that you mentioned and they have had no problems, so draw your own conclusions.

There appears to be only one person that has replied, that has actually owned one, and that person hasn't slated it like everybody else seems to have.

I have a Discovery 3, and I've had it for 2 years. I've done nearly 40k in that time in it. Best car I've ever owned.Fabulous car. Every body seems to slate them too, but I've had no bad experiences at all.

I know 2 people that have owned Range Rovers of the approximate years that you mentioned and they have had no problems, so draw your own conclusions.

Oh, my post was from having been an owner of 2 of the L322 Range Rovers.

Basically, it's a £50k car, and when things break on them, its breakages associated with a £50k car. Even if these days, you can pick them up for £6-10k.

You're right, I havent owned one, but thats because I know two people who have.... they now live in cardboard boxes under flyovers.

I own a freelander, so wont slate them, but always remember watching wheeler dealers, where they bought a vogue to fix up and sell, and their words of don't touch one with a barge pole stuck in my mind

think they sold it for less than they paid out too

Ahh the old range rover argument.

Iv got one... it's in need of the coil spring gs fitting cos the Eas packed in.

Iv not been ***** to fix it until iv bought an lpg system. Simply because when I bought it I was earning mega money and now I'm just earning basic... altho I love it dearly as it's my first lux car (Iv had it about 4 years now) so I won't get rid of it. :-)

One thing that nobody can deny is the Range Rover has class that none of the other 4x4s can match they may play up at times but the funny thing is all of the posh people who can aford to buy the best still drive them so that has to say something for them.

They have become a fashion accessory....

I can't comment directly on the 322, because mine is the older P38HSE, but I will say that my lasting impression is that the mechanical and electrical parts were designed by two totally different outfits, one of which should have stuck to designing torches.

One thing that nobody can deny is the Range Rover has class that none of the other 4x4s can match they may play up at times but the funny thing is all of the posh people who can aford to buy the best still drive them so that has to say something for them.

thats because its more Chelsea tractor than 4x4...

thats because its more Chelsea tractor than 4x4...

With good tyres fitted they still take some beating off road and I still say fashion eccessery or not they still look more classy than most other 4x4s can you see the queen or our PM being driven around in a Nisson or even a Honda its going to be ether a big Jag or a Range Rover or better still a Rolls or Bently.