Anyone Into Boating?

Fuji Shooter

Looks like a tidy example! Did you not fancy a wooden broads cruiser then?

Had a few smaller boats in the past! Couple of fishing boats with cuddy and a Crossbow Yaucht! a few tenders too. still have a few boat bits laying about as always fancied getting another fishing boat!

I have a Stromness clinkerbuilt dinghy from the 60's , 13" for loch fishing for wild brown trout, gives me immense pleasure. Also good to think your looking after something that could easily be rotting in the long grass somewhere as many end up. Somebody built my boat with great skill,love and no cordless this and that tools.

I have a Wilson flier 17' 6'' with 50 horse on the back and as backup a 5 horse Seagull

I also have a 23' Cleopatra rigged as an out and out fishing boat, that has a 2.5 bmc inboard to a leg on the back.

Both of these I use in the Bristol Channel. And still can't catch sod all. As they say all the gear and no idea. :lol::lol::good:

Secretagentmole you have the same boat as my dad tyere a cracking boat and go like hell with a good engine.

The engine has a nice trick, power lift!

IMAG0095_zpsda0f8ba6.jpg

Allez oop!

IMAG0103_zps8470cdf5.jpg

Fuel and battery!

25hp Longshaft Tohatsu Fisherman 3 cylinder 4 stroke. Power trim (optional but we operate out of shallow water harbours so it is essential) and tiller control. I have a large ship to shore with an antenna that mounts on the auxiliary outboard bracket. I also have a handheld ship to shore as back up!

Used to have a Bayliner 18ft Bowrider, with a 3ltr inboard used to go like stink, we used it out of Falmouth for sking, fishing and getting to some of the great beaches hidden away to wild camp and have a bbq.

Unfortunately with business going so well the busy times i have to work are the days to use a boat, so it was gathering dust, not being used so it had to go.

Good thread!. The fleet at the momentis:-

Wayfarer MK I GRP

A gorgeous clinker built varnished 18ft dinghy with bright orange sails- Swallows and Amazons

Perception Vista Family Kayak.

Perception Acadia Kayak

Wetline 300 AD, Airdeck rib with 4hp Yamaha- now for sale as collecting a 4.8m Avon Searider tomorrow with 55hp Suzuki :)

All on Windermere . We have had so many good weekends with family and friends.

Nothing beats messing around (safely) on water

B.O.A.T. Break Out Another Thousand!

Here is ours...

photo1_zps58c16ff4.jpg

IMAG0091_zpsac03f7be.jpg

IMAG0105_zpsc35a1426.jpg

Mr Mole, is that a Whaly?

I have a couple of open workboats an Arran and a traditional Scottish sailing boat which I use for part time line and creel fishing and I'm working on a 6m ex Norwegian seine boat with the view of getting a commercial creel licence

Edited by islandgun

Good thread!. The fleet at the momentis:-

Wayfarer MK I GRP

A gorgeous clinker built varnished 18ft dinghy with bright orange sails- Swallows and Amazons

Perception Vista Family Kayak.

Perception Acadia Kayak

Wetline 300 AD, Airdeck rib with 4hp Yamaha- now for sale as collecting a 4.8m Avon Searider tomorrow with 55hp Suzuki :)

All on Windermere . We have had so many good weekends with family and friends.

Nothing beats messing around (safely) on water

Mr Mole, is that a Whaly?

No that is a Terhi 6020! A seriously nice boat, CE C rated so can take a 7ft swell, it is a planing hull and is rated to take a maximum 30hp engine, though it will plane 4 up with a 10hp!

Edited by secretagentmole

I had a river cruiser for a while but got bored after a year of either going up the river or down the river... Moved on to sailing yachts on the Solent until we had kids ("When are we getting to the beach?"). After a bit of a break, we now charter and my son is going to do his Day Skipper theory and practical this summer, now he is 16. He is now trying to persuade me to buy another yacht.