7 Foxes in the Hay......

Second time I have been to this field, the first time was when I went around on a border walk with the owner.

He had agreed to text me when they had cut the hay, lunch time a text popped up..." the hay is cut "

I reversed in the gateway an slid along the edge of my truck so not to profile myself...A big red head was looking across the field so I went in reverse slid the kit out an went up the passenger side of the truck very slowly.

With the back of the truck acting as a bit of back cover the big red head and shoulders were in the a4 ret.... Bang from the 700 the dog fox went down but a vixen came tearing out the cover an disappeared.

I cycled a second round and waited...30 seconds later the first cub came out to sniff around its Dad...Whack!!

Not long after a second cub poked its nose out took a couple of steps and fell right next to its sibling...

Then a vixen rushed out and run back in so I called for a bit and out she popped and over she went....

I gave it around 5 mins and there was no movement so I took stroll to the pile of foxes laying around 120 yards from me...

As I was nearly to them a set of ears made the hay look a bit strange so I put the gun on the sticks...and true to form the vixen that had ran off was using the wind and the hay as cover...A crack from a head shot was number 5....

After a couple of pictures I dealt with them and went back for a drink and to text the farmer....

The second pair were some time later but a couple hundred yards further down the field .

So 3 vixens 2 dogs and 2 cubs in a very small area....

003_zps1390f0f0-1.jpg005_zps6c29621e-1.jpg011_zps2ab11fd6-1.jpg

TEH

003_zps1390f0f0.jpg005_zps6c29621e.jpg011_zps2ab11fd6.jpg

Edited by The Essex Hunter