RSPCA in trouble

Beretta06

antis in power ,change of direction total wrecking of core values job done .back to LACS smiling at the chaos caused .they ought to be made to pay for the court costs of their failed prosecutions out of their own bank accounts not our the public purse

Not just the RSPCA

Marie curie British heart foundation and McMillan legacys offices all share the same block on the embankment aswell as comic relief and many more the word charity should not be used anymore,

When will people realize these are corporate companies making and paying millions to there staff.

My money goes to family run charity's where I no where the monies go.

If the RSPCA was a charity they would not put healthy dogs down nor would they pay there staff 10s of thousands, if they cared they would be giving there time for free.

Neither would they be chasing hunting issues that do not exist,

they do this to keep them in old peoples good books so when they pop there clogs it's payday for the antis rant over !!

Edited by delburt0

The big charities do operate on a scale comparable to big businesses and the expertise of skilled people is necessary to run them. People with those skills often work for far less for a charity than they could earn elsewhere and it is unrealistic for charities to rely on amateurs, however well-meaning they may be. It is precisely when those amateurs take control that things are likely to go wrong.

Nick

I think they have stepped well out of what a charity is and allowed to do. The police and the cps is there to bring charges for prosecutions and such not the RSPCA.

Think even a lot of the general public not into field sports are wondering what the hell they are doing persuing their own agenda against hunts and others that the law won't persue.

Figgy

There are some circumstances where field sports should be scrutinised or the rogues would be allowed to get away with stuff that nobody here would condone. Whilst you could argue that it is the responsibility of the police, there are insufficient resources there to do what we would like them to be doing already. A similar argument could be used to say that the work of the RNLI is the responsibility of the Coastguard - although I know that the RNLI do not AFAIK get involved in prosecutions.

What is needed is for the organisation to take a step back from itself, look at what it's core values have been traditionally and focus on what animal cruelty really is. An animal dying is not, in itself, an act of cruelty but the way some live certainly is.

Nick

They don't just waste money at the top end. A farmer friend I shoot with had RSPCA turn up and pinch several mole traps (standard scissor type we all use) from a field in front of his house while he was out. Someone had reported him for using gin traps!! Stupid RSPCA lass didn't realise difference. This was on a field he was letting out to horse owners - he got a mate (a lawyer) to claim damages and point out in the strongest possible terms their employees were basically idiots. There was also the issue of trespass, theft of property etc etc. He got a visit from a very sheepish senior officer who of course got the Anglo Saxon version of farmers displeasure.

They don't just waste money at the top end. A farmer friend I shoot with had RSPCA turn up and pinch several mole traps (standard scissor type we all use) from a field in front of his house while he was out. Someone had reported him for using gin traps!! Stupid RSPCA lass didn't realise difference. This was on a field he was letting out to horse owners - he got a mate (a lawyer) to claim damages and point out in the strongest possible terms their employees were basically idiots. There was also the issue of trespass, theft of property etc etc. He got a visit from a very sheepish senior officer who of course got the Anglo Saxon version of farmers displeasure.

Did he prosecute did he get compensation and did he make a report to the police? a truly evil organisation that is hopefully getting back what it has dished out!

I think they have stepped well out of what a charity is and allowed to do. The police and the cps is there to bring charges for prosecutions and such not the RSPCA.

Think even a lot of the general public not into field sports are wondering what the hell they are doing persuing their own agenda against hunts and others that the law won't persue.

Figgy

Spot on.

There are some circumstances where field sports should be scrutinised or the rogues would be allowed to get away with stuff that nobody here would condone. Whilst you could argue that it is the responsibility of the police, there are insufficient resources there to do what we would like them to be doing already. A similar argument could be used to say that the work of the RNLI is the responsibility of the Coastguard - although I know that the RNLI do not AFAIK get involved in prosecutions.

What is needed is for the organisation to take a step back from itself, look at what it's core values have been traditionally and focus on what animal cruelty really is. An animal dying is not, in itself, an act of cruelty but the way some live certainly is.

Nick

Sure, they can gather evidence in wildlife crimes, not a problem - good in fact, but then it is up to the CPS to bring charges, the RSPCA should not be pursuing private prosecutions just to further their political agenda.

Edited by FalconFN

The RSPCA do make quiet a few mistakes with law suits ect but do a hec of a lot more good with helping neglected animals and prosecuting the owners they really do get a bashing on here and I don't think they fully deserved it to be honest.

John

The RSPCA do make quiet a few mistakes with law suits ect but do a hec of a lot more good with helping neglected animals and prosecuting the owners they really do get a bashing on here and I don't think they fully deserved it to be honest.

John

I stopped donating quite a while ago, lawsuits costing thousands to prosecute someone for killing a grey squirrel and the like did it for me.

Utterly pointless waste of money.

That particular case the squirrel had its front feet cut off while still alive, was doused in petrol and set alight... I wouldn't worry about them spending a million pounds of their funds to bring a private prosecution against the evil retard who did this to be honest.

Before people start criticising the RSPCA they should consider the alternatives...which are what ?

Let me tell you.............. A return to the middle ages, with domestic animals kept in the most abject conditions you can imagine, dog fighting including abduction of timid and non aggressive dogs who have their teeth cropped with pliers, their tails tied up to expose their genitals, front feet bound to a stake and used as warm up dogs for a fighting dog to rip to shreds. And it doesn't stop there , illegal docking and castration without anaesthetic, neglect, starvation and indiscriminate violence. ( and not just to dogs and cats )

Sure RSPCA are not perfect and have perhaps had the wrong people at the top who have too much corporate ideology and an alternate agenda.

I have worked for the RSPCA at grass roots level, have supported them as a volunteer and financially over many years and will continue to do so because the alternative just doesn't bear thinking about. I've seen the cruelty to our pets and wild animals you cant even begin to imagine.

I don't think Farmer Giles mole traps or Joe Soaps loss of kudos and damaged ego with his neighbours because he's been caught kicking the **** out of his dog, is too important in the scheme of things and if we stay within the confines of the law, whether domestic animals are involved or in our country pursuits we have absolutely nothing to worry about.

Sure, they can gather evidence in wildlife crimes, not a problem - good in fact, but then it is up to the CPS to bring charges, the RSPCA should not be pursuing private prosecutions just to further their political agenda.

I do not share your faith in the CPS - like all public services, they struggle with trying to manage the bare essentials, never mind what some may regard as secondary issues.

Nick

That particular case the squirrel had its front feet cut off while still alive, was doused in petrol and set alight... I wouldn't worry about them spending a million pounds of their funds to bring a private prosecution against the evil retard who did this to be honest.

Before people start criticising the RSPCA they should consider the alternatives...which are what ?

Let me tell you.............. A return to the middle ages, with domestic animals kept in the most abject conditions you can imagine, dog fighting including abduction of timid and non aggressive dogs who have their teeth cropped with pliers, their tails tied up to expose their genitals, front feet bound to a stake and used as warm up dogs for a fighting dog to rip to shreds. And it doesn't stop there , illegal docking and castration without anaesthetic, neglect, starvation and indiscriminate violence. ( and not just to dogs and cats )

Sure RSPCA are not perfect and have perhaps had the wrong people at the top who have too much corporate ideology and an alternate agenda.

I have worked for the RSPCA at grass roots level, have supported them as a volunteer and financially over many years and will continue to do so because the alternative just doesn't bear thinking about. I've seen the cruelty to our pets and wild animals you cant even begin to imagine.

I don't think Farmer Giles mole traps or Joe Soaps loss of kudos and damaged ego with his neighbours because he's been caught kicking the **** out of his dog, is too important in the scheme of things and if we stay within the confines of the law, whether domestic animals are involved or in our country pursuits we have absolutely nothing to worry about.

So you are still supporting them when they want fishing, shooting etc banned?

Nobody has to give to the RSPCA and it's clear that many are exercising that right. But it's good to understand the story behind the headlines.

They are the largest private prosecutor in the UK and have a higher conviction rate than the CPS – which I take to mean that the cases they bring are overwhelmingly legitimate.

To say that the RSPCA has no business prosecuting animal cruelty cases and it should be up to the police and CPS is like saying that the RNLI has no business saving lives at sea and it should be left to the coastguard. Yes, it's a shame that a charity is performing this role but that's how we've ended up – partly because the RSPCA was around before the police.

I'm sure that many inspectors will not be aware of or sympathetic to fieldsports and farming issues – but as plenty of posts will show, a lot of police officers are no different. And yes, the job does attract animal lovers who might not be 100% objective all the time. And yes, the Chief Exec was very pro 'animal rights' and seemed to have an agenda – but he went months ago.

The long and short of it is that if the RSPCA disappeared tomorrow then the dog fighters, cat torturers, puppy farmers, crossbow hooligans and all kinds of other scumbags would have a much easier life.

In theory, the RSPCA should be beyond reproach, but they seem to have moved into areas which they should stay out of. No-one would doubt that people who are cruel to animals should be prosecuted, but the RSPCA seem to have another agenda.

I won't give them a penny - there are far more deserving charities with no hidden agenda.

As for the Chief Exec no longer being with them - what was he doing there in the first place?