Ever lost interest?

Brad93

I never lose interest,after tea goin to take out 28g try n flight a few pigeon comin off the laid barley,dont want the dog in standing barley,,so its a challenge just to get off a couple of shots,and haven't had this 28g out since last year..so will sit out an see what happens,so if your not happy try something different.

I think most people loose interest at some point, I've plenty of land to shoot on and still feel like not going out every now and then as you feel like you are just shooting rabbits for the sake of it rather than because they are doing damage, if you were closer you would be more than welcome to come out with me as a shooting partner sometimes makes a difference.

Send a pm to The Essex Hunter. He doesn't do any work and he has thousands of acres to shoot over. Tell him I sent you!

I will swap you a days welding for a day with your garden (hoe).......lol

The way I see it is there will be a time in your (our lives) when you wont be able to...haul your self out of the marsh....walk a half mile round trip with 150 pigeons....drag a deer back through a wheat field....or dig down 6 feet to get you best ferret back....spend all day beating for £ 30.00 while a chap's Ranger Rover and guns are worth more than your house....and he cant shoot for toff...

You only go around once....so stop complaining and get on with it.........

TEH

I will swap you a days welding for a day with your garden (hoe).......lol

The way I see it is there will be a time in your (our lives) when you wont be able to...haul your self out of the marsh....walk a half mile round trip with 150 pigeons....drag a deer back through a wheat field....or dig down 6 feet to get you best ferret back....spend all day beating for £ 30.00 while a chap's Ranger Rover and guns are worth more than your house....and he cant shoot for toff...

You only go around once....so stop complaining and get on with it.........

TEH

I couldn't agree more.

Money has never floated my boat. My only interests have been shooting and s*x. I will never pass up an opportunity to go shooting even if it means not earning any money.

Tim, you and I should meet sometime. We have similar outlooks on life.

I couldn't agree more.

Money has never floated my boat. My only interests have been shooting and s*x. I will never pass up an opportunity to go shooting even if it means not earning any money.

Well I am just off to the high seat after welding all day then an hour pulling/digging the farmers youngest son's farm car out from the edge of the lake...20mins hacksawing a scaffold pole from under the sub frame then go home and cook my dear old Dads dinner........

Yes a meet is over due....

TEH

I never lose interest in shooting , but my interests change in summer when I get more enjoyment watching wildlife than killing it between April and August\September. I like to give the pigeons a break during the summer for at least part of their breeding season , but I do like the odd day in August on the stubbles, but once the wildfowling season starts I am as keen as ever. Apart for a three years in the 1990s due to work I have not missed the first day or last day of the season since 1968.

I couldn't agree more.

I do hope you intend to meet up with regards the former and not the latter!

"Variety is the spice of Life"

I sometimes loose the urge to get up and go, giving clay shooting a wide berth at the moment, as just too expensive, and to win a class is getting so much harder!

It's good to have a break and try something else. I'd like to get an FAC and go lamping with a .17 rimfire, actually going out with a friend when he gets back from his holidays.