cordless dewalt tools

Konnie

I have the 10.8 volt pack of drill and hammer screwdriver, I think its great. Nice and light and you can give it some stick. Just screwed a ply floor down with 50mm screws and used around 500 and only needed to change the battery once.

Well happy.

I believe you are correct.My sparky has had some bother with some batteries (li-ion)

Makita are more robust too.When i was a roofer,our Makita hammer drill fell off the side of building and fell 4 stories....no damage-not even a crack.

*The drill fell because the young lad using it was accident prone and thankfuly no one was got hit.

I've been a Bosch user for many years, but the last cordless driver I bought a couple of months ago is pants. I took it back after a weekend's use and demanded a swap - as it happens the 18v Makita (with 2 Li-on batteries) was on offer so I took that for just a tenner more. I've used it a lot now and I have to say I'm sold on them as a brand. They are very robust, if a little weighty, but will cope with anything I can throw at it.

Same shop told me Bosch blue are ok, green are carp. Apparently Ryobi come with a decent warranty and they've never had one returned and they sell a lot. They just look a bit cheap and foreign to me though. Dewalt seem to have a shocking reputation, but Makita are clear leaders.

dewalt are paants work buy them cos there cheap.and replace them lots n lots.the hitachi li ion 18v has lasted four years of abuse still going strong.

my one that packed up was hitachi had it 15 years, just wondered how things had progressed, see you on the marsh sometime

i agree the makita is far better than the dewalt , but the bosch is better still . my bosch broke a week before last christmas ,so i phoned up bosch they collected it from site the next day, repaired it the day after and delivered it back to me on site before christmas all for free. customer service second to none, now try and get that from makita

i agree the makita is far better than the dewalt , but the bosch is better still . my bosch broke a week before last christmas ,so i phoned up bosch they collected it from site the next day, repaired it the day after and delivered it back to me on site before christmas all for free. customer service second to none, now try and get that from makita

This makes me laugh :)

You just said your Bosch broke but is better lol

This makes me laugh :)

You just said your Bosch broke but is better lol

I love my dewalt, on my 3rd kit now,the screws wont know the difference but my wallet does.

And another . Why if they are that good are you on your 3rd kit ???

Only winding you up :)

looking for a new cordless tool, screwdriver/ drill/hammer action dewalt seem to be common I'm not a trades man but looking for something with some guts,

at the moment down to 18v dewalt with 4ah combi drill 60nm

any advice helpful

Had all the top brand tools. The two I have now ( 18v soft start drill and.... angle grinder ) been using them for 14 years are ..... Parkside tools from Lidl absolutely Brilliant.

I've been a Bosch user for many years, but the last cordless driver I bought a couple of months ago is pants. I took it back after a weekend's use and demanded a swap - as it happens the 18v Makita (with 2 Li-on batteries) was on offer so I took that for just a tenner more. I've used it a lot now and I have to say I'm sold on them as a brand. They are very robust, if a little weighty, but will cope with anything I can throw at it.

Same shop told me Bosch blue are ok, green are carp. Apparently Ryobi come with a decent warranty and they've never had one returned and they sell a lot. They just look a bit cheap and foreign to me though. Dewalt seem to have a shocking reputation, but Makita are clear leaders.

I have been using Ryobi for some years now both at home and work and find them very good. The fact that with the 18V "ONE" system , once you buy a starter kit (tool & battery / charger pack), you can then just buy another tool without a battery if and when you need it. There is a good selection from drills to saws to strimmers. Battery life is good but I just picked up 2 extra battery packs (4 batteries & 2 chargers) for £27.00 each at our local B & Q clearence section :good:

Had all the top brand tools. The two I have now ( 18v soft start drill and.... angle grinder ) been using them for 14 years are ..... Parkside tools from Lidl absolutely Brilliant.

Ok for DIY or something you don't use much, I bought a selection of drill bits off them and half have negative rake and even though it says HSS they wear like they were just chrome moly. I do have a chop saw for wood off them because I don't use it much but bits have fallen off, at a tiny fraction of the cost equivalent size Makita though it does me and only cost about the same as a weeks hire.

Another vote for makita :good:

I bought the 10 twin pack 7 years ago and the impact driver is still going strong, the drill driver has a issue in the lower gear but I don't use that as much.

I bought the 18v black edition 4 months ago as the price was to good to miss (around £355). It is still in the box unused as the little 10 one is lighter to use and a cracking bit of kit