An amazing lightning storm!!!!

bluesj

I have listened to a storm, and watched it on the lightning tracker, to the east of us, over Bury St Edmunds and out over Thetford and Attleborough for most of the afternoon. It seemed almost constant and the internet showed 46 strikes a minute, never seen anything like it!! Just been to shoot a rabbit and sat on the hill watching another big one in the distance

When I was out with the dog and gun earlier, looking for a duck along the riverbank I saw this storm off in the distance over the coast probably down towards Rye bay direction. There were two towers of cloud that looked like shotgun cartridges with the bases to the top that went up high. The lightning strikes were almost every couple of seconds inside the cloud towers and it lit them up like a couple of Chinese lanterns. Occasionally the lightning escaped outside the towers in small snaps like sparks. The dog and I watched it for some time in that cool dusk light down by the river. Lovely quality time. This is one of the memories that I will keep of the evening down by the river with the dog in years to come.

I have listened to a storm, and watched it on the lightning tracker, to the east of us, over Bury St Edmunds and out over Thetford and Attleborough for most of the afternoon. It seemed almost constant and the internet showed 46 strikes a minute, never seen anything like it!! Just been to shoot a rabbit and sat on the hill watching another big one in the distance

Strange weather were having at the moment" kennett ", been to Norwich today and it was as warm as a summers afternoon, then went down the marsh tonight and no sign of any rain and yet on the Anglia news they said out Thetford way they had tremendous thunderstorms.