Did the most stupid thing...

jasper3

I've frightened my dogs a million times , stood on their feet and tails took bones off them and not once have I been bitten. Just because the dog is frightened or hurt doesn't mean it should bite ,a yelp ,growl ,or to cower is a more natural reaction to being frightened. But if the op wants to keep it that's good on him as long as he stands by his awareness and no unexpected man/women or child gets the consequence of his decision.

Lucky you, i have been bitten when i walked into a patients room and startled their dog. I didn't want it put down. Some people are far to quick to jump to conclusions, especially when it involves a life.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popped in to see the boy this morning. As you can see, he's on the mend.

Jasper, yep, ok, you got bitten but it looked to me as it was not so much a bite as such that did for your eye but a tear as you pulled away with a tooth that unfortunately got hooked in. However, that is just a by the by: Who says the camera cannot lie!? Has anyone else spotted it?

Good to see that the little rascal is recovering as well.

Has anyone else spotted it?

One eye healed very well where the other has deteriorated badly!

I am not judging one way or the other, I only expressed an opinion as to what I would have done in you circumstances.

As I said I hope everything is fine from here on in with management of the dog and its environment.

Edited by WGD

Lucky you, i have been bitten when i walked into a patients room and startled their dog. I didn't want it put down. Some people are far to quick to jump to conclusions, especially when it involves a life.

not once have I said he should put HIS dog down, the only time I would want another persons dog put is if it were to bite me or a loved one to which it wasn't deserved.other than that people are entitled to do as they please. Edited by jayDT10

Lol! funnily enough I was offered money for one of mine while on holiday in the canaries a few years back, I told him he could have her for free if he could put up with her gob :lol:

Blonde and blue eyes by any chance?

My daughter is so blonde and blue, Morocco was a nightmare

What a complete idiot i was….

last saturday evening, sat down on the floor eating a pizza and glass of wine,

gave my little cocker the crust, the wife went mental….put it in his bowl…. so like a child, i gave him another bit, but this time, i lost balance and fell towards his face….

within a split second, bang bang bang,,,, 3 bites to the face….the dog instantly, curled up in submission….the wife just screamed..HOSPITAL NOW…i replied, what are you on about…stop over reacting, stupid woman,

my face started to feel wet and sticky…blood was pouring out… the wife got the neighbour, and off to hospital….got cleaned up..and had to return 1st thing in the morning for the plastic surgeon to stick my eye back up...

anyway..its repairing nicely..

The dog, is not being put down, as this was as much my fault as his, yes he crossed the line, but, as a dog owner, i have responsibilities,

from now on…anyone comes to the house, the dog gets put in his crate, when outside, walking, he will wear a muzzle, today, the lad is being sniped….

we move on to the smallholding soon, so he will have plenty of room to run around and enjoy life

some have said i should have him put down, others agree with my choice, i am not a person to make knee jerk reactions, nor is the good lady, and we both agree,

thank god it wasn't anyone else, or even a child…not that we have many kids in the house….but a big lesson learnt...

healing up nicely now…. the bottom eye lid has been re-stiched on...

Photoon23-09-2014at12162_zps966f1a80.jpg

he is a working cocker…and no..he hasn't got cocker rage…that normally comes from over or inbreeding...

just one horrible experience that i hope will never happen again….

I gather you'll have to get suited up in riot gear next time you feed him then? :) on a serious note do you think he attacked due to you being near his face suddenly or because of him defending his food? I only ask as I've read this thread with great interest due to me owning a soft natured cocker dog who has a split personality when it comes to food (he often growls if I go within a few feet whilst he is eating).

I have walked passed his bowl a hundred times and more, whilst he is feeding..never a problem, not even a growl, i have played with him on the floor a hundred times, never a bite. i have asked him to drop his bone many times..he drops

I had fed him a crust from the pizza, i had one myself, i gave him the 2nd piece, whilst sat on the floor and lost balance, i think i just totally startled him… can i just say, normal feeding has him sitting and waiting until being told to carry on...

i use to have a wrottie, that would growl near a bowl….i did retrain her… simply by putting little bits of food in at a time..with me stood beside her and making her sit and wait for the next little refill

Edited by jasper3

One eye healed very well where the other has deteriorated badly!

I am not judging one way or the other, I only expressed an opinion as to what I would have done in you circumstances.

As I said I hope everything is fine from here on in with management of the dog and its environment.

The pic in the first post is a mirror image. Buttons on wrong side, writing on boxes backwards etc.

Mike.