commando training lol

colin lad

my youngest is keen to follow in his older brothers footsteps and join the forces,

but being the youngest he obviously has to better his elder brother and is applying to join the marines,

it's selection next week and after hours of gym work and running i thought i could do something different for the last week or so to get him in the spirit of things lol,

so after shooting i came home with a cartridge bag half full of cartridges so said to my lad to run them up stairs hehe

he said yeah fine but before he could grab the bag i tipped them all out on the table and told him to run them up as fast as he could one at a time,

turns out there was 65 left in the bag but he did it,

this afternoon i got him to put an old rugby shirt on combat trousers and boots as we were taking dog for a walk,

got down to a 1 mile stretch of river were it is shallow and fast flowing and walked down stream to the end,

said to the lad jump in and to run as fast as possible up stream getting out every 20-30yards to do a set of press ups and sit up's

and to his credit he did it without any complaints good old boy

at least he is trying and i had fun shouting at him to keep going haha

post-21693-0-46116900-1412004911_thumb.jpg

post-21693-0-53318100-1412004925_thumb.jpg

post-21693-0-24424700-1412004992_thumb.jpg

Fair play to the lad! Just remind him, mental strength is jut as if not more important than physical strength. And that in basic training, no matter how hard you try and how well you do, they WIKL find something or make something up or raise the bar and punish you. To test your mental strength, to make you feel carpy and see if you still hold your head high and get on with the next task. Let us know how he does!

Fair play to the lad! Just remind him, mental strength is jut as if not more important than physical strength. And that in basic training, no matter how hard you try and how well you do, they WIKL find something or make something up or raise the bar and punish you. To test your mental strength, to make you feel carpy and see if you still hold your head high and get on with the next task. Let us know how he does!

yeah one point i keep telling him, he seem's very determined and if any of my 3 could do it he could as he is a stubborn blighter when he want's to be,

colin

Good on you Colin, nice to see a supportive dad, and one who's willing to help with training - that's what I call a 'cool dad'

i trained 3-4 time's a week for more than 20 years up the gym even change career to become a fitness instructor for a couple of years, changed back due to poor pay,

only gave up training when i gave up rugby,

fast forward 5 years and shane applying for the marines he failed his 1st 2 attempt's at the pre selection run's by a few seconds, and as you only get 3 attempt's i brought him a months gym membership and went with him 3 times a week to stand next to him on the treadmill encouraging him,

3rd time lucky he sailed through,

while at the gym i watched others train and started to miss it so much,

so i thought why not get myself a couple of months membership and trained with him on the weights for selection,

BIG mistake though my head keeps saying yeah go on you can do it,

and as i am very competitive and won't let one of my kids beat me NO NO NO, it really pushed him and me,

i found myself getting in each night thinking you stupid old man why did you do that lol

lets just hope he gets through and i ain't got to go any more

colin