Reeceknight

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i enjoyed the book more than the film.

if you want to read a really good book about modern snipers read Sniper One.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sniper-One-Blistering-British-Battle/dp/0141029013

yeah ive read that, defending an outpost weren't they? another book to read is House to House by david bellavia, such an emotional book.

• 2 weeks later...

After seeing the comments here I bought the book and read it.

Whoever ghost wrote the book and apart from the 'letters' from Taya, I thought it let him down.

I dont recognise the complex man he was, It would seem as though the book tried a little hard to be commercial. It cant have done him justice, it makes him sound quite selfish but he clearly wasnt in combat.

I have no experience of the work he was doing and as a soldier, a warrior he comes across as the right sort and very capable. The paragraph about the medals tally perhaps sums it up. His potential image has been sacrificed by a bit of a mediocre commercial book.

Left me feeling as he felt about the 'Head shed'.

There is apparently a Royal Marine sniper (british) who is now the most successful sniper (afghanistan) but he doesnt want to 'compete'.

Whilst snipers and the new 'overwatch' duties are essential, I think they would rather, as normally when on duty, blend into the background.

There is apparently a Royal Marine sniper (british) who is now the most successful sniper (afghanistan) but he doesnt want to 'compete'.

Whilst snipers and the new 'overwatch' duties are essential, I think they would rather, as normally when on duty, blend into the background.

Our man could easily be identified by his tatts as seen in the rag today. If i had bagged up as he has i'd not want my piccy anywhere other than on my chuffing driving licence! His face may be partially obscured but even still.

Our man could easily be identified by his tatts as seen in the rag today. If i had bagged up as he has i'd not want my piccy anywhere other than on my chuffing driving licence! His face may be partially obscured but even still.

Ack-Ack, who is the face on your Avatar - Groucho M ? Its puzzled me for too long as it could be an archbishop. The former fits your image better though.