A Kids Day Out

new to the flock

Well most Mothers and GrandMothers :/:lol:

Took the kids to the woods today for a full day of Mud, Water, Fire, Sharp Sticks, Knives,Slingshots,and Pistols :D

Yes we had fun took two Mark 1 Crosman Pistols .... one in .177 the other in .22 along with another 6 shot Crosman in .22 and a Crosman bb Pistol.

Img_0193_shooting.jpg

_quinn_shooting.jpg

.Around 400 rounds later :lol::):no: the boys wanted a break :( So they played in the mud and water Till all were thoughly soaked.

Img_0200_water.jpg

Then sharpened sticks to cook hotdogs on while the sap boiled above. :blink:

Img_0197fire.jpg

They managed to dry out and warm up enough so that they could get a snow ball fight in while stocking each other through the trees using the small pockets of snow that are still in the bush :no::no::no:

Sling Shots also featured in the day with targets and distance shooting out over the water :lol:

Img_0201_kieran_slingshot.jpg

Even though the chances of loosing an eye today were well over 1000% everyone returned home in one piece with all sight intact :lol: :yp: :lol:

NTTF

nice one nttf

thats just how it should be :D :blink:

not like this dum country

as our kids are not even allowed to play chestnuts any more incase they hurt them selfs :lol: (in school anyway)

looks like you and kids had a ball well done :lol:

cheers colin

as our kids are not even allowed to play chestnuts any more incase they hurt them selfs (in school anyway)

looks like you and kids had a ball well done

cheers colin

conkers colin. :blink: :lol:

conkers=colin :lol:

geof69 ss uncle used to take a folding 410 to school hide it in his desk and go shooting rabbits

at dinner times :lol::lol: wonder how many red cards you would get for doing that now :/:D

happy days

kirky

as our kids are not even allowed to play chestnuts any more incase they hurt them selfs (in school anyway)

looks like you and kids had a ball well done

cheers colin

conkers colin. ;):D

conkers=colin :lol:

geof69 ss uncle used to take a folding 410 to school hide it in his desk and go shooting rabbits

at dinner times :no::no: wonder how many red cards you would get for doing that now :no::D

happy days

kirky

yes colin,that was the good old days, befor nanny state set in.

• 2 weeks later...

I also remember being about 14/15 years old, the local school near use had huge fields backing onto farmers fields and thick overgrown woodland. Me and my mate used to take the black widow catapults and my crosman 1377 pump pistol and a pocket full of pellets and hunt the rabbits at the back out the fields close up. I mean we used to get stung, cut and what have you crawling through the overgrown trees and bushes to get within about 10-15yards of this bunnies in the summer. We also used to wait and the rabbits would soon come out in the evening sun. We regularly came home with one rabbit each time although we usually were so nackered after getting one and all the walking and crawling about we'd call it a day after that. We once got caught by the bloke who used to mow the lawns who just said to us, "rabbits for dinner hey lads" as my mate had a rabbit in his hands and me a black widow sticking out of my pocket. Cor you couldnt do that now and looking back on it was risky and a bit careless but then again there was no one around and it wasnt as if we were hanging around the shops and harrassing old women. Plus those days after school in the summer got me more into airgunning, I found out the proper ways to go about enjoying the sport, as i had no family members who were properly into it so it wasn't all that stupid after all. I bought myself the pistol from a sports shop when I was 14/15 (later found out you had to be 18 to buy airguns!!, don't know what the shop assistant was thinking!).

Nice one!

Goes to show we forget we did so much more than modern kids and never had problems.

I remember as a Kid taking the rifle into the local woods and shooting cans and bottles all day with no trouble what so ever and NOW you walk in the woods with the rifle uncovered and it's Jail'sville :/

Good to see the Boys had a good time!

LG

blimey............

Can you be my dad too............................

Top bloke.....thats what its all about....Can remember my dad taking us on survival weeks...........

Living off poached trout............duck.................rabbit..................

Ahh Malham Tarn and Malham Cove.........................its all changed now..........

You have quite a bit of sap production going on there D

Every year we tap 6 to 8 trees to make maple syrup and maple sugar. :/ This year the tapping was very poor as we went from minus 10 to plus 14 in about 14 days. And the sap became cloudy in around 14 days, I usually get double that for production.

The best sap and hence syrup is made when temp drop to around -4 at night and hit +8 during the day. These temps will produce a nice clear syrup.....the clearer the syrup the higher the quality........and lots of sap. This year the syrup tends to be on the dark side.

30 to 40 litres. of maple sap will produce 1 litre of maple syrup.

120 litres of birch sap will produce 1 litre of birch syrup

I wanted to tap some black walnut to make syrup aswell this year, as I have not done it before. The syrup has a vey earthy undertone and nut flavour to it. However I just did not get a chance with the short season this year. I will definately be tapping a few of them this next year.

NTTF :D

Crikey dan

I know the US had a contingency plan to invade Canada if Great Britain planned on bringing it back into the fold but I did'nt realise that day was iminent and your all having to practice :D

Looks a family day out with a difference :/ .............Will have to show some pics of a typical family day out on the housing estate south of me .........You'd be impressed :D:/

Wow, they looked like they were having so much fun... all the things I used to love as a kid, mum hated it and often dreamed of me wearing pretty dresses instead of coming home with ripped jeans and mud on my face :/

But being a mum now, of course I disagree with it all... more so the dirty clothes lol

No, honestly, good on you for showing them the countryside and a dam good time :/:D

Well done. Nice to see.

My boys are 2.5 and 0.5 years but already the oldest has been shooting with me, has tried my air rifle, goes walking the dogs in the woods, picking mushrooms in the fields, helps putting up electric fencing, helps with the lambing and feeding of the animals on the farm, drives my 4x4 and the tractors in the fields, likes a trip on the quad bike and gets the ducks in at night. He helps me preparing phesants and ducks for the pot and chases everyone aound the house with the tail feathers.

Town folks kids miss out on sooooooooooooooooooo much!

Harry