Any one own a Nissan Quashqai?

lexikia

I've a 2007 2ltr diesel and my son has a 2+2. Both since new. They are used differently. Mine rumbles over farm tracks, motorways and for 6 years towed a 3/4 ton dive boat. My son' s is family domestic and motorway. Other than mine having a recall for shock absorbers in it's first year they have both performed faultlessly and mine sailed through it's MOT last November problem free. Glad I bought it. V pleased.

If you really want an audi have a shop around the lease prices are lower than you think due to them holding a higher residual value

From a professional point of vue audi's aren't all they're cracked up to be high maintenance cost they eat tryes especially the 4×4s

The nissan is a great car you will always find negatives but its a good sound strong reliable car that performs very well in a collision

Of course the v.a.g brigade will all sing about how great german cars are the truth is its a prestige thing if people bought german cars for the reasons they say they do they'd all be driving toyotas

Thinking of taking a 3 year lease on one of these, the 1.5 diesel Tekna, any one got one and have any positive or negative comments?

I do around 20k of motor way miles per year.

Would love an Audi Q3 but to expensive.

Cheers Mark

Be careful when leasing I did it twice ,when they collect it they check it over thoroughly,1st car was checked at my home,was given a document that said car was perfect( then received a bill for an scratch that wasn't there when it was collected(won my case but quite stressful at the time)Last one I handed back I got them to collect from my local ford dealer as I wanted some one independent to check it over at the same time as the guy collecting it for pice of mind.

Cheap way of running a car,but loads of restrictions.Get confirmation that you will not be charged for a new alloy wheel if you slightly curb one,also make sure you replace tyres with same quality tyres that the vehicle came with.Basically make sure it stays in showroom condition and get a set of seat covers.

Edited by Davyo

My sister has the one you're looking at (non 4x4)

It's a very nice car to be in, comfortable,

Had it 18 months now, no issues at all,

She has been told to take it to one of those "we fix your dinks" type places before it goes back to have it fully checked over and sorted for any dinks and scratches before they collect it

But as I said its a nice space to be in

:shaun:

If you really want an audi have a shop around the lease prices are lower than you think due to them holding a higher residual value

From a professional point of vue audi's aren't all they're cracked up to be high maintenance cost they eat tryes especially the 4×4s

The nissan is a great car you will always find negatives but its a good sound strong reliable car that performs very well in a collision

Of course the v.a.g brigade will all sing about how great german cars are the truth is its a prestige thing if people bought german cars for the reasons they say they do they'd all be driving toyotas

:lol:

high maintenance cost? if its leased then there are no maintenance costs (not to the end user anyhow)

yes, its a prestige thing for some people, but they are generally better built than most and score exceptionally well in safety tests. plus, the tech you get is usually cutting edge in comparison to most other brands. even merc and bmw are lagging behind audi in that department.

got to agree with you on the tyres though. most german cars are heavy on them, especially contis. soft tyres and heavy/torquey cars dont mix well.

Got one of the new J11 Qashqais in April last year, 1.5 diesel Acenta Premium. Biggest pile of poo I've ever had.

Problems from day one, kit and features missing from the original brochure spec, Connect system still hasn't got the promised apps only Faceache, Google search sports radio and something else I can't remember or ever used.

The US versions have a lot more kit and all the promised technology (including the apps) that were promised at the start of 2014.

Mine had loose screws in the boot, road noise on the drivers side, really bad misting problems on all windows (they didn't fit the rear vents that were supposed to be in), wet and streaked inside drivers door window if lowered and raised.

The sound system is average at best, nowhere near as good as the previous Bose versions.

The CVT 1.6 auto box has had multiple software updates to try and mask (not fix) some very common problems, revs hunting by about 2000rpm when at a steady speed and very bad lag on pulling away followed by a surge of acceleration, not good if queuing in traffic

My biggest problem was the awful fuel economy, published at just under 75mpg I couldn't get any better than 41mpg, I know brochure figures are misleading but mine was nowhere near. Dealer said there was nothing wrong with it and Nissan didn't want to know, if I managed to get a response from them (very very rare) it was "ask your dealer". In the end I did a 50 mile trip with my neighbours son (exact same car) mine got 42, his got 58 with me driving both cars and completing the exact same journey within 3 minutes. Dealer promised to take it in 3 times and always found an excuse to put it off.

In the end I cancelled the lease and went with a 2015 Ford Kuga, much better build and ride quality, better sound system, more room and a much better engine power curve, the Renault 1.5 in the Qashqai is flat under about 1800rpm and struggles to manage 30mph in 4th gear.

Have a look on the UK Qashqai forums, there are some real fan boys on there but a lot of others with real world experience of Nissans appalling attitude to the CVT box problems, there are a couple of users who have had gearboxes swapped out when only a few months old only to have the new ones start to fail the same way.

http://www.qashqaiownersclub.co.uk/forum/engine-drivetrain_forum14.html

Got one of the new J11 Qashqais in April last year, 1.5 diesel Acenta Premium. Biggest pile of poo I've ever had.

Problems from day one, kit and features missing from the original brochure spec, Connect system still hasn't got the promised apps only Faceache, Google search sports radio and something else I can't remember or ever used.

The US versions have a lot more kit and all the promised technology (including the apps) that were promised at the start of 2014.

Mine had loose screws in the boot, road noise on the drivers side, really bad misting problems on all windows (they didn't fit the rear vents that were supposed to be in), wet and streaked inside drivers door window if lowered and raised.

The sound system is average at best, nowhere near as good as the previous Bose versions.

The CVT 1.6 auto box has had multiple software updates to try and mask (not fix) some very common problems, revs hunting by about 2000rpm when at a steady speed and very bad lag on pulling away followed by a surge of acceleration, not good if queuing in traffic

My biggest problem was the awful fuel economy, published at just under 75mpg I couldn't get any better than 41mpg, I know brochure figures are misleading but mine was nowhere near. Dealer said there was nothing wrong with it and Nissan didn't want to know, if I managed to get a response from them (very very rare) it was "ask your dealer". In the end I did a 50 mile trip with my neighbours son (exact same car) mine got 42, his got 58 with me driving both cars and completing the exact same journey within 3 minutes. Dealer promised to take it in 3 times and always found an excuse to put it off.

In the end I cancelled the lease and went with a 2015 Ford Kuga, much better build and ride quality, better sound system, more room and a much better engine power curve, the Renault 1.5 in the Qashqai is flat under about 1800rpm and struggles to manage 30mph in 4th gear.

Have a look on the UK Qashqai forums, there are some real fan boys on there but a lot of others with real world experience of Nissans appalling attitude to the CVT box problems, there are a couple of users who have had gearboxes swapped out when only a few months old only to have the new ones start to fail the same way.

http://www.qashqaiownersclub.co.uk/forum/engine-drivetrain_forum14.html

Thanks for advice, Wouldn't have the cvt gear box. Currently own a Ford focus 2L diesel with power shift gear box. Like the Kuga but top spec not cheap to lease.

I had a 57 plate 1.5 teckna from new, in 110000 miles it had two engines and an intercooler , left me on the motorway to often , don't do it they are she ite , thank goodness mine was a lease car, I will say they are a very comfortable place to be, which is handy as when your broken down with the 3rd Con Rod gone through the block again you'll need somewhere to relax whilst waiting for the AA .

Never never will I have another

Just got my wife a qashqai+2. It's the 2 litre diesel with the electronic selectable 4x4. A nice car to be in and fully loaded with leather etc in the tekna spec. Her town driving through the week is getting 40mpg and fully loaded on a long run I have got 49mpg, so happy with that.

Stu

My old man has one. The 1.5d and to be fair I don't like it. I find the encroaching cockpit very claustrophobic "spelling" door cards coming in from one direction, huge centre console from the other and the dash right back. I feel crushed like a sardine driving it. I would not have one! I prefer minimalistic cars! When you look at the outside, they look huge. But with everything crammed in, the space is limited!

On the other hand, My Wagon R looks tiny! But has oodles of room inside!

I've got a 2010 (59 plate) - had it from 2010 and I love it.

It's the 1.5dci, but the one with the parking sensor and other added extras, not the basic model (can't remember whether it's the acenta or tekna). I have to say I love it and I do about 20k miles a year in it. The only thing that's gone wrong is the front discs, which were badly scored when I got it and they were replaced under warranty.

I looked at all the other similar alternatives and TBH nothing came close without spending an arm and a leg. I'm extra fussy on leg room as I'm 6'4" and I was surprised how cramped the space was on others.

I use mine around the shoot as well as commuting and it serves me well - good ground clearance and great for flattening bracken (not recommended) :oops: . I'll keep this one until it dies and then look for the same again - or should I just buy one now and put it in storage?? Yep, I like mine that much :lol::good:

Had a '57 plate 2L diesel with 4WD as a company car.

Did 103k in 3 yrs no other spend other than tyres and usual servicing.

Great family car and capable in snow, the high point was over taking a Range Rover sport in the snow as it was sliding backwards going up a hill.

Ok on the farm as long as you don't think it's a full off roader.

Spec was great.