First ride of the year.......big, big grins!!

955i

Well, after dealing with rubbish weather and work and child commitments, I finally took the Aprilia out and put it through its paces for the first time since it went away for winter.

Always forget how far you leave your cares behind when you have a nice exhaust growling behind you.

Good weathers coming PW bikers :):):)

Have fun out there and keep it shiny side up :good:

Edited by 955i

Well, after dealing with rubbish weather and work and child commitments, I finally took the Aprilia out and put it through its paces for the first time since it went away for winter.

Always forget how far you leave your cares behind when you have a nice exhaust growling behind you.

post-3485-0-49964300-1425673781_thumb.jpg

Too true: out on mine yesterday : clears the head of everyday irritations.Thought I would grow out of it but never have!

It was a beautiful day and I'm so jealous.

If Sunday is the same I'm rolling out the GS and giving her a blast. That is, if I still fit into my leather. Been over indulging of late...

What Aprillia do you have? Presumably not the ******* love child of a Triumph 955 and RSV? :)

PS. Just occurred to me. Won't it be nice not to have to worry about our tax disc being stolen this year...?!

Edited by notsosureshot

It was a beautiful day and I'm so jealous.

If Sunday is the same I'm rolling out the GS and giving her a blast. That is, if I still fit into my leather. Been over indulging of late...

What Aprillia do you have? Presumably not the ******* love child of a Triumph 955 and RSV? :)

PS. Just occurred to me. Won't it be nice not to have to worry about our tax disc being stolen this year...?!

Unfortunately given my username my current Triumph is an 885 not a 955i, but I still have the Mille RSV.

Would a mix of the two give a Triono???

That would be a proper beast of a bike :lol:

Just had them MOT'd last week I'll hopefully get out to Whitby today :)

<script pagespeed_no_defer="">//=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window?window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)});var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f;if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c=0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})();pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?s=03ef195679e50a58ac08a5a6184f81ae&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=307196&p=2774017&md5check=6f64b2f9ebcc3b98f3c7396fef8a40ed&isRte=1,l8PuqRhht8,true,false,Q25IAqQLcFU'); //]]></script>toys.jpg&&0

I don't see two bikes, only one and a tractor :whistling:

All great bikes. :D

Heres my current steed. 2014 1200 GS TE. Last bike was an all black FZ1 with plenty of carbon. I actually regret selling it but it was a bike for hooning around and so aggressive as a naked. Bit like the S1000R. :DDD

post-16527-0-30630300-1425854419_thumb.jpg

Since this photo I've added some alu panniers, a new gear lever and some engine bars. Typical GS accessories.

In all honesty, I'd never have seen myself riding a GS but one test ride and I was sold. I'm a better and faster rider on the GS than I was on the FZ1. I have no idea why.

A pic of my FZ1, I loved it so much I had to include it. They really are lookers, in my opinion and 150 or so bhp...eeek.

post-16527-0-69875600-1425854604_thumb.jpg

LOL yeah it's a bit agricultural....

Grimey that looks mint, the gixxer is my first dip into sports bikes so i thought I'd try a 600 first but a S1000RR is what I want

I went for the S1000R because I want the full sports bike performance but without the riding position, my brother had a 2013 GSXR600 and he always wished that he had the 750. I found the 600 had absolutely no grunt (to be expected) which may be fine on a track but for real world use I found it lacking. I had the GSR750 which I got shut of last year, nice bike with solid engine performance however the brakes and suspension were stolen from a bandit so it lacked a little.

I can't wait to get back into it, me and the wife are looking at doing a trip up Scotland this summer on it!

Taxed the 1100 virago as the sun shone and was soon throwing my leg over her only to be greeted by a louder than life "click"-bloody thing has started first sniff of the button all winter but now I need her :sad1: Ah well-next to her sits my Gsxr1000k2 so 5 minutes online to DVLA and i'm scaring myself witless again-anybody else shocked by how strange a bike feels after a few months abstinence? thought there was something wrong for about 10 miles but then I realised that the problem was me!

After a garbage week at work, I had a rare chance to indulge in several of my hobbies this weekend. I was off on Friday so took my Triumph Sprint out for the first time in yonks. Like the OP I had nearly forgotten how big a grin it puts on your laughing tackle and how much it makes you forget about all of life's mince and trivia.

When I got back I had a wander round a rabbiting permission with the .22LR. The rabbits were too elusive for me, but just going for an armed ramble in the stunning Cotswold countryside was enough.

On Saturday, my daughter who was on a rare visit home and I had a blast on the mountain bike trails in the Forest of Dean, in blazing sunshine.

It rained on Sunday, so we lit a fire, read the papers and vegged in front of the telly drinking beer and eating homemade pizza.

Batteries recharged, stress evaporated. Good times :).

After a garbage week at work, I had a rare chance to indulge in several of my hobbies this weekend. I was off on Friday so took my Triumph Sprint out for the first time in yonks. Like the OP I had nearly forgotten how big a grin it puts on your laughing tackle and how much it makes you forget about all of life's mince and trivia.

When I got back I had a wander round a rabbiting permission with the .22LR. The rabbits were too elusive for me, but just going for an armed ramble in the stunning Cotswold countryside was enough.

On Saturday, my daughter who was on a rare visit home and I had a blast on the mountain bike trails in the Forest of Dean, in blazing sunshine.

It rained on Sunday, so we lit a fire, read the papers and vegged in front of the telly drinking beer and eating homemade pizza.

Batteries recharged, stress evaporated. Good times :).

My Dad was a bike nut, and him and my Mam went to the Isle of Man TT for their honeymoon in around 1955. Despite razzing around on FS1E's, CB 50's, Fantics and on one memorable occasion a Suzuki 750 GT (kettle) in my teens back in the 70's, Ive never been interested really. Not taking my bike test has often been one of my biggest regrets, and at 55 it will more than likely stay that way.

Have fun. :good: