browning maxus

adi786

Hi Guys, thinking to get browning maxus carbong fiber really liked it (i've been using sx3 for quite long now). any suggestions, heard there are some issues with maxus, not much reliable/durable, one guy i know his firing pin broke in first few months he took to dealer, and he had to pay 100-150 something to get it sorted came back 15 cartridge and broke again, while it was in warranty they still charged, is there any warranty issues as well @browning?

Had mine 7months,nice gun.....but,mine has got trigger probs,trigger is solid on second shot,it's been with browning now for 3 weeks,not heard from them yet(still under guarantee)

Try this.....Google maxus trigger problems,seems there could be a problem with the early models,and some guns have had the trigger group replaced

Hi Guys, thinking to get browning maxus carbong fiber really liked it (i've been using sx3 for quite long now). any suggestions, heard there are some issues with maxus, not much reliable/durable, one guy i know his firing pin broke in first few months he took to dealer, and he had to pay 100-150 something to get it sorted came back 15 cartridge and broke again, while it was in warranty they still charged, is there any warranty issues as well @browning?

had mine a good few years now and put 1000s of shells through it.gas piston spring broke after 12 months but browning replaced it free of charge and never had a problem with it since.i think they are better springs now.just recently had a problem with it not hold carts in the magazine so sent it back to browning.they replaced the complete action,trigger assembly,and put a new gas piston on it although there was nothing wrong the piston,all free of charge after owning the gun for nearly 5 years I don't think that's bad service...if I had to replace my maxus it would only be another one

My gas spring broke too and the gun used to jam with clay loads quite often.

I couldn't adjust the combe height enough on the maxus, so I ended up getting rid of mine.

Between the sx3 and maxus.... I'd keep the Sx3.

Edited by chrispti

I have a 3½" chambered Maxus - gets more use than anything else and has never given me a single problem. It's had about 5-6000 rounds through it so far and the only kind it didn't like were the Hull CompX 21g cartridges. But then you wouldn't expect a magnum auto to like something as soft as that anyway.

Keep it clean and it'll serve you well. The issues people are talking about on this thread are the first time I've heard of anyone having a problem with one.

My gas spring broke too and the gun used to jam with clay loads quite often.

I couldn't adjust the combe height enough on the maxus, so I ended up getting rid of mine.

Between the sx3 and maxus.... I'd keep the Sx3.

yup i've heard some of these issues tha tis why was just checking with guys who have maxus/used them, also heard browning aren't great @warranty side as well usually you end up paying something even if it is not ur fault..

Wish I could have had one years ago. I've never shot so well. Had to buy another shim though as they only supply one of each and I needed two (two is the max) of one to get the stock right and which is now spot on. The only problem I've had was that the cut off lever hinge pin could not have been installed correctly - it was so far out I couldn't believe I hadn't lost it. It went back in into a detent but I added a spot of super glue under it to seal the hole just in case.

I bought one new in 2012,had it about five months when the spring that sits in the forend broke and bits from it damaged the front of the action,browning gave me a brand new gun,so on that score i had no problem with them,they can be fussy with some cartriges,i have gone back to beretta i feel they are better made.

yup i think browning quality has gone down as compared to what they used to manfuactur few years go. I never used beretta but after after reading quite alot of reviews etc Beretta's are coming up with better guns, more reliable and durable. Second i say would be winchester specially (sx3).

yup i think browning quality has gone down as compared to what they used to manfuactur few years go. I never used beretta but after after reading quite alot of reviews etc Beretta's are coming up with better guns, more reliable and durable. Second i say would be winchester specially (sx3).

Do you have a beretta or SX3?