Russel Brand - 4th greatest thinker in the UK

malkiserow

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I read this also..... Worrying. Although i think he is far from stupid.

yes but he does permanently act like a 6yr old,,,,sorry that's insulting a 6 yr old

thinking, :no::no: :no: :no: has the clown got a brain to think with,,

no other man makes my skin crawl more than him,,he is annoying

He's an intelligent bloke, unfortunately he's also a complete and utter cock

I think this is a pretty accurate picture. Although I do think he has a very valid point in many things he is saying, there is something really creepy about him.

Edited by Psyxologos

It's true his humour won't suit everyone, he has made some dire past mistakes/choices, his style or looks won't suit many and to be fair he does come across as a knob when he's acting up but he knows his stuff on who's controlling who and quite frankly his intellect and articulation is comfortably ahead of most of his internet detractors. ;)

His biggest problem is that he choses to address and take the wrong side (if you know what I mean :whistling: ) in many issues which magically and predictably makes him a hate figure.

It's true his humour won't suit everyone, he has made some dire past mistakes/choices, his style or looks won't suit many and to be fair he does come across as a knob when he's acting up but he knows his stuff on who's controlling who and quite frankly his intellect and articulation is comfortably ahead of most of his internet detractors. ;)

His biggest problem is that he choses to address and take the wrong side (if you know what I mean :whistling: ) in many issues which magically and predictably makes him a hate figure.

There is a lot of truth in that post, he is a smart guy, but a terribly obnoxious package - to my mind anyway.

This criticism was levelled at me on another thread and it is appropriate to use it in respect to Brand as well, his arguments are very meretricious, in fact his whole cause is. I guess that is true of everybody who likes to comment on much bigger issues externally, we can take a fairly polarised stance and then grossly simplify the argument so inherently the argument has little true value or substance.

He is also pursuing a very populist cause, doesn't make it wrong of course, but it is easy to fly the flag as the champion of underprivileged and throw rocks at the establishment, it is much harder to actually get involved and try to make a difference by taking difficult choices and explaining why those choices have to be taken to the people that will inevitably be hurt by them.

Even better if you can stand on the sideline grabbing publicity, write a book and then rub shoulders with those that you purport to despise, but of course it is all done under the guise of the rebel insider. He only participates in the showbiz glitter party scene so he can patronise these weak minded fools who actually believe their own hype....

Brand shouts ideological arguments and fairly shallow ones at that, he simply recycles rhetoric that has been shouted a million times before, but he packages it up with a bit of style and flamboyance.

He is a smart guy for sure with a very keen eye for opportunity, and all credit to him for that, but he is no brilliant mind and inspirational thinker.

There is a lot of truth in that post, he is a smart guy, but a terribly obnoxious package - to my mind anyway.

This criticism was levelled at me on another thread and it is appropriate to use it in respect to Brand as well, his arguments are very meretricious, in fact his whole cause is. I guess that is true of everybody who likes to comment on much bigger issues externally, we can take a fairly polarised stance and then grossly simplify the argument so inherently the argument has little true value or substance.

He is also pursuing a very populist cause, doesn't make it wrong of course, but it is easy to fly the flag as the champion of underprivileged and throw rocks at the establishment, it is much harder to actually get involved and try to make a difference by taking difficult choices and explaining why those choices have to be taken to the people that will inevitably be hurt by them.

Even better if you can stand on the sideline grabbing publicity, write a book and then rub shoulders with those that you purport to despise, but of course it is all done under the guise of the rebel insider. He only participates in the showbiz glitter party scene so he can patronise these weak minded fools who actually believe their own hype....

Brand shouts ideological arguments and fairly shallow ones at that, he simply recycles rhetoric that has been shouted a million times before, but he packages it up with a bit of style and flamboyance.

He is a smart guy for sure with a very keen eye for opportunity, and all credit to him for that, but he is no brilliant mind and inspirational thinker.

Good post (although I had to look up 'meretricious' before replying) and put so much better than I could have.