Muller choke failure

Wiggum

I've been using a muller U3 choke for around a year and have been really impressed with it until I came to loosen it off after a round of sporting this morning. I tried to turn it loose by hand but it was really tight which was strange as it's always hand tightened I then noticed a crack in the extended section that you could see daylight through. Upon removing the choke the split ran the full length of the choke. Has anyone had any dealings with Muller, what's there customer service like I don't have the receipt anymore. I'm glad I found it when I did as it could have been much worse if I hadn't.

D3A52477-CDCC-4C5F-A2AF-5E510219764C.jpg

185DC781-6D24-4A06-A93D-847E736C4051.jpg

Edited by Wiggum

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Check the barrel with another choke to make sure the thread is still good. I would think any company worth their salt should change it FOC. Just looked at their website and all chokes have a lifetime guarantee against manufacturing and production defects. I guess send it back and see what is said.

Edited by rimfire4969

Quite frequent occurrence...quite a few split , stuck , or flying downrange

example ,see here http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=95&t=386516

Muller deletes all criticism of these chokes on his websites...

many have seen through the hype http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=95&t=216381&hilit=muller+cure

you are bound to have problems with dissimilar metals with differing expansion rates due to heat i.e aluminium choke in steel barrel

Another case of the Kings new clothes...how many ceramic coated frying pans can you get for the price of one of these chokes ?

I have emailed Muller and Nick has already replied asking me to return the choke so I can't fault him in that especially as it's a Sunday. The only problem is I no longer have the receipt for the choke and have just replied telling him this so I guess I'm screwed but I will await his response.

Split Muller Optima choke. Hmmm... Sounds familiar.

Hearsay from across the pond has it that Mr Muller himself appeared to claim in a blog it's Beretta's fault for making them too thin.

Just stting here wondering what Mr Muller makes of CG Maxis chokes which are even thinner.

I use them in my caesar as do many of my shooting mates.no issues at all.great chokes

My question was rhetorical. I've not heard of any Mullers failing in CGs either.

Everything I've heard about Nicky T is good. I wouldn't hesitate to do business with him if I wanted Mullers.

I have emailed Muller and Nick has already replied asking me to return the choke so I can't fault him in that especially as it's a Sunday. The only problem is I no longer have the receipt for the choke and have just replied telling him this so I guess I'm screwed but I will await his response.

Why would you need the receipt? Any reputable retailer would replace an item with this type of failure and take the problem up with the supplier/manufacturer.

Hi James,

Just seen and replied to your follow up email; apologies for the delay a family Sunday dinner got in the way of responding to emails. I'm confident that I will be able to trace your purchase so am more than happy to utilise that as your proof of purchase.

Damaged chokes can, and do, unfortunately occur for a number of different reasons regardless of the brand of choke:

post-12370-0-11490600-1429467107_thumb.jpg

To better educate shooters we have created the following FAQ highlighting several important points to remember regardless of brand of choke used:

http://mullerchokes.eu/about/

One off mine split they won't replace it I tried I was told I must of missed used it !!

Hi,

By your forum name alone I have no idea of the history of your situation, but you are very welcome to contact me via mullerchokes@hotmail.co.uk and if I can assist further I gladly will.

Kindest regards,

Nick