My First (roe buck)

cpaulc

I took a wander with my new CZ .243 and spaniel in the sunshine. Having reached the high point I nipped through a hedge to spy the field below aand found this chap mooching along the adjacent hedgeline about 130yds away. Unfortunately the shot wasn't on (no suitable backstop), so we watched him move slowly down the hedgeline and then we skirted around to head him off at the bottom. Picked him up again unexpectedly half way round when we were in a gateway I somehow managed to get the eager spaniel to sit still and quiet while I crawled around the corner and waited for the ideal time to take a sound 60yd shot with him just quatering toward me. He dropped where he stood which was a pleasing reward to a nice first stalk.

post-67251-0-52508700-1437419004_thumb.jpgpost-67251-0-72976100-1437418254_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys, Yes i was impressed with the head on him. Quite a set of points but not as bulky as many ive seen. I'm not a head mounting kind of man, but it was worth a photo.

Got to love the CZ, especially when it came with a S&B 6x42, t8 mod & 75rds. - cant fault it.

Yes I got my butchering on today, and I'm now keen to find a local with a cold store which I could use. The carcas could have done with a day or so more, probably with the skin off. The meat was quite loose, and pale, rather than the firm dark meat I was hoping for.

Unfortunately the 100grain softtip hade ruined the front end, but still got a lot out of it.