London council to cull Foxes.

steve_b_wales

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Total rubbish, the council will not have a legal method of killing them should they actually catch any.

do you really think the council are going to do the job inhouse?

they will prob sub contact to a legit pest controller like other depts do with other issues..

the council might not,but their contractors will.

Correct mate ,

And also private pest controllers,( who get paid off mr and Mrs whoever, who have a problem with them,Bedroom window job)

It's nowt new , it's been going on for years in urban environments,

Something needs doing , there's more in the towns than there is in the country side. I see more on my way back/ to my lamping sessions than I do on my perms when I get there !!!

All cities have a problem with them

Atb

Flynny

Edited by flynny

I don't know of any pest controllers in London licenced to do despatch

They will probably catch them and release them on pheasant shoots, where they will promptly get shot.

Thats more or less exactly what all the pest controllers that trap foxes do, or at least drive them to the nearest common or woodland. Thats probably why there are so many foxes in Clissold Park in the first place.

Edited by Vince Green

I don't know of any pest controllers in London licence

Thats more or less exactly what all the pest controllers that trap foxes do, or at least drive them to the nearest common or woodland. Thats probably why there are so many foxes in Clissold Park in the first place.

Talking ****,it is ileagel to capture and release a target pest back into the wild so as a pest controller we have to kill them.how they did that on that tv program before and got away with it I don't know.but we can not do it but a customer can as if we let it go and I causes a problem than we are liable.

Talking ****,it is ileagel to capture and release a target pest back into the wild so as a pest controller we have to kill them.how they did that on that tv program before and got away with it I don't know.but we can not do it but a customer can as if we let it go and I causes a problem than we are liable.

Its not illegal to release foxes and thats exactly what the big companies do. Because its the cheapest way and becuse with all the ISO 9000 claptrap they have to have written procedures and risk assesments for absolutely everything, they couldn't realistically do it any other way. They couldn't write in a procedure "and then take it round the back and put a bullet in its head"

The council could not employ a company thats not ISO registered

Years ago the RSPCA used to recommend drowning caught foxes, feral cats and squirrels as a humane (and legal) method of despatch. Some time ago they did a complete turn around on that and now say its inhumane and illegal. So the situation is really down to the RSPCA not giving the pest controllers any option but to release them

Edited by Vince Green

There are loads of stories about semi-tame released foxes turning up in the countryside. Several years ago, one keeper shot over 20 soon after the white van from Bristol had left..

the good people of the towns and citiees are now enjoying the benefits of all their hard campaigning to stop hunting foxes as they are a lovely fluffy little things.their pets are being killed and their gardens made a mess of with bins pulled out and all the *hit .well good on them I say.i will continue to shoot them in my bit of countryside and as for the towns fox well they aint bothering me so I don't care. Edited by bostonmick

Its not illegal to release foxes and thats exactly what the big companies do. Because its the cheapest way and becuse with all the ISO 9000 claptrap they have to have written procedures and risk assesments for absolutely everything, they couldn't realistically do it any other way. They couldn't write in a procedure "and then take it round the back and put a bullet in its head"

The council could not employ a company thats not ISO registered

Years ago the RSPCA used to recommend drowning caught foxes, feral cats and squirrels as a humane (and legal) method of despatch. Some time ago they did a complete turn around on that and now say its inhumane and illegal. So the situation is really down to the RSPCA not giving the pest controllers any option but to release them

You can only release them on to a farmers land only if he gives you permission,and it is against the law for ANY pest control technician to capture and release ANY target pest back into the wild.a customer can do this with no problem but like I said pest control can't.And that comes from the top people from killgerm and the bpca simple as and yes it does happen in some councils because of the fuss the general public twist about it if they did cull it.

There are loads of stories about semi-tame released foxes turning up in the countryside. Several years ago, one keeper shot over 20 soon after the white van from Bristol had left..

That's because some sly companies pay wagon drivers/white van drives to drop them off in the country side.its not rocket science to pick a town fox out compared to a countryside fox.hence why it's easy pickings for the hunt or gamekeeper to shoot them.ive watched the hounds get 10ft from them before they even know what's coming so the proof is in the pudding that it's happening.

You can only release them on to a farmers land only if he gives you permission,and it is against the law for ANY pest control technician to capture and release ANY target pest back into the wild.a customer can do this with no problem but like I said pest control can't.And that comes from the top people from killgerm and the bpca simple as and yes it does happen in some councils because of the fuss the general public twist about it if they did cull it.

:hmm::hmm: :hmm:

Which Law would this be please?

Edited by Dekers