AA Rac green flag

blackthorn

I used to be with a company called GEM as they covered my motorbikes as well as cars plus they covered driver sickness and onward travel/hotel for a very reasonable rate (around £130 for me and my Mrs for personal cover if my memory is correct), I had a Land Rover at the time so I used them quite a bit with no problems they even towed me home on a Sunday and came back on the Monday to take me to my garage. I only moved to RAC as GEM only cover vehicles up to around 2300kg so when I sold my T4 van and got the Relay van it wouldn't have been covered due to weight.

This is GEM http://www.motoringassist.com/breakdown-cover/I had the recovery extra cover.

This is GEM http://www.motoringassist.com/breakdown-cover/I had the recovery extra cover.

Binned the RAC back in March when the renewal price was much higher and they had the audacity to suggest they were rewarding me for my loyalty.

Over the years I was with them, the mechanics that have assisted me have been superb.

The ONLY PROBLEM has ever been the absolutely useless staff on the end of the phone when you call for help!

Am now with Green Flag and as yet haven't had to call them out.

Green Flag

Had to use them once when I was in luton at a wedding in a country hotel, was there within 20 minutes,

Burst auxiliary hose, he didn't have one and shops were closed, he went back home got a bit of central heating pipe, 2 jubilee clips and bob's your uncle,

Said that will get you home till you can get it fixed properly,

Got 2 years out of it,

Wouldn't hesitate to recommend them

:shaun:

i was with RAC for years due to getting a good deal with tesco club card vouchers, this year i have gone with auto aid, with them if you need assistance you pay and then claim back from auto aid. whether they are any good or not, time will tell.

You'll be OK with autoaid. Been with them a few years, and they've always sorted me out with no problems.