Kubota kx36-3 mini diggers

imissalot

Hi

Just wondering if any one has hired and used one off these , need to dig a hole about 8 feet square or close to that , was thinking about getting a digger driver to do it but got a few bits to do my self so kill to birds with one shot ( wish could get one) thought I'd hore one for the week for the price off a guy coming for two days ,

Any advice would be appreciated

Max depth is 2.2m but if it's deeper no problem it's for a septic tank made by Grafton ,just thought about hireling and doing it my self the digging as I have a few bits I could use it form , trench about 30 metres for new pipe work

http://septicsdirect.co.uk/SepticTanks/?gclid=COzj0py178gCFQjgGwodjYwCAw

Edited by imissalot

Mate. For heavens sake get someone in who knows what he's doing.

The tank is expensive to replace if damaged. It probably needs a slab of concrete under it and loads of stone infill around it.

A good operator will know what to do and how to do it. And will have a laser level and pump if the hole starts filling with water.

You will have enough to do with handtools etc and fetching & carrying.

Hired a few over the years mostly for drainage ditches, cable runs etc. around the plot. nearly capsized the first time I hired one, and sunk in the mud 3 years ago, it took a lot of thinking as to how to get it out as it was ******** it down and the area was just a mud pit. I had to bring in a lot of stone and timber to help give me traction so it takes a bit of getting used to. I would go down the man with a digger route and have as much work planned for the 2 days and keep the digger at work. A good operator is worth the extra and saves any hassel if you get it wrong.

Easy peasy to operate just give yourself a few hours to get the hang of it first, the hard part is stopping it from falling into the hole when the sides collapse of you dont know what you're doing...... I rented one for a week this summer to do my garden with which cost me £350 for 7 days, yes it's probably cheaper and quicker to get a dude with a digger in to do it for you but where's the fun in that? If you were closer I would have popped over and shown you the ropes

Easy peasy to operate just give yourself a few hours to get the hang of it first, the hard part is stopping it from falling into the hole when the sides collapse of you dont know what you're doing...... I rented one for a week this summer to do my garden with which cost me £350 for 7 days, yes it's probably cheaper and quicker to get a dude with a digger in to do it for you but where's the fun in that? If you were closer I would have popped over and shown you the ropes[/
Max depth is 2.2m but if it's deeper no problem it's for a septic tank made by Grafton ,just thought about hireling and doing it my self the digging as I have a few bits I could use it form , trench about 30 metres for new pipe work

http://septicsdirect.co.uk/SepticTanks/?gclid=COzj0py178gCFQjgGwodjYwCAw

You might well need a bigger digger! What's the soil like and how far down is the water table?

• 2 weeks later...

Well I bit the bullet and hired a digger spent 6 hours digging today , first foot was full off roots and I mean roots then two foot of soil one foot of clay and the rest all sand , good news for the soak away

Got the ladders out and went down thought Australia was in reach , had a play about with the spade straightening the sides and lowered the tank in to see if it fits left it in over night , concrete tomoz and settle the tank in , soak away to dig trenches to dig

Recon about twelve tonne of soil, sand on my drive if any one wants any lol

Cheers guys for advice