60s music

kody

I was born in the 70s but my dad is a huge Beatles fan and has all the albums and a lot of singles so I listened to a lot of their work when I was a kid. Plus quite a few singles by other 60s artists.

Last couple of weeks I`ve been listening to a bit of Creedance Clearwater Revival and Arlo Guthrie. Including my favourite . . .

Played in two Bristol groups from 1963-68. Played as support band on same bill as the kinks, the Byrds, Lulu, yardbirds, Georgie fame, manfred man, (early) Cream at Bath Pavilion, Chicken Shack. Fender Strat and two Vox AC30's. No talent for song writing. Just a very good live juke box. But it was a Great time. Wouldn't have missed it for the world. 60's music was the foundation of things to come.

Aaah, they were the days. Live local bands in the village halls. :good:

Nick and the Fenders

The Quick and the Dead

Fridays Child

One mate had a Ford Poplar and we'd all cram into that. Off to Ampthill Parkside club on a Friday night. Motown, Beatles, Stones.

Knock on wood

Procol Harum Whiter Shade of Pale was the dance to get the snog-on to with that nights pick up.

Happy days :lol:

I'm not keen on Sandi Shaw, but can listen to Dusty anytime. I also like the haunting voice of Julie Driscoll.

On the group side I am a massive Doors fan, but also The Byrds, Gong etc - Basically anything a little out of the ordinary.

If I'm really in the mood for a groove I look up Brian Auger...

Saw a lot of famous groups in the sixties, but the best live band was Harlem Jonns Reshuffle. Odd record which did not do them justice - all their rough edges smoothed out and toned down - great brass section - but never got the promotion to break out of their area - predominantly the North West.

i had to go into Thame today couldnt park anywhere in the end i parked at the prebedal where the Bee Gees lived and walked through the churchyard opposit and paid a visit to Robin Gibbs grave

it was nicley laid out with pictures of him in younger days

and a guitar rested on the headstone